The Brady Bunch : Did Mr Brady look better with Straight hair or curly hair

Did Mr Brady look better with Straight hair or curly hair

I think that he looked better with his hair being straight.

Re: Did Mr Brady look better with Straight hair or curly hair

I vote curly.

Straight. I can't stand the perms men had in the 1970's.

Straight. Those man-perms were an abomination.

Barry Williams says "Who the f cares" on the subject in his Th Real Greg Brady song.

Mike got the perm to impress Tank Gates. That's why Tank was able to man-handle Mike so much during that episode. Mike Brady was in love!

Straight hair. Permed made it look like a middle aged man trying to be hip.

curly hair

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I remember reading somewhere that Robert had naturally curly hair and they straightened it the first 3 seasons but when they went to Hawaii the high humidity wore off whatever they were using.

Yo, she-bitch! Let's go !

That's true. His hair was naturally curly, but when they went on-location in Hawaii, the humidity took over and his hair did it's thing.

Yeah it was funny because in the first of the Hawaii eps. when he comes home and tells the family about the trip to Hawaii, his hair is straight! In the same episode his hair totally changed! Went to curly as soon as they hit Hawaii!!

Did Robert Reed stick with curly hair for the rest of his life after the Brady Bunch?

He generally did appear with his natural curly hair after The Brady Bunch, even in 'Roots'!

I googled 'Robert Reed Actor' and it's interesting to note his hairstyles pre and post Brady Bunch.

He was still good looking with curly hair its just I like him with straight hair more.

I vote straight hair

Straight but not too short. His hair looked best in season 3 when it was longer, but before it went curly (it's the look they used for the season 4 opening, even though his hair is only straight for about two minutes during that season).

I think Robert Reed had naturally wavy hair and they wanted him to comb it out and have straight hair in the earlier seasons. By the 4th season, he stopped doing it.

Mike's hair is similar to what happened with Micky Dolenz hair in the Monkees.

Just saw the Hawaii episodes (season 4 episodes 1,2,3) where his hair frizzed out. Then S4, E4 his hair is straight again. It's possible his hair is naturally curly, but sometimes it's too tightly curled to be natural.

Re: Did Mr Brady look better with straight hair or curly hair

Robert Reed preferred his hair straight. Florence Henderson said Reed became upset when his hair frizzed out in Hawaii.

Just saw the Hawaii episodes (season 4 episodes 1,2,3) where his hair frizzed out. Then S4, E4 his hair is straight again. It's possible his hair is naturally curly, but sometimes it's too tightly curled to be natural.

Yes! That's exactly why I've always had a hard time believing his hair is naturally curly. Natural curls are not THAT tight. In my mind his hair will always be a perm job, I don't care what anyone says.

Perms were a big hit back in the 70s. Maybe Mike thought he'd look young and hip with permed hair - especially to guys like Tank Gates.

Straight. That curly crap was ugly.

straight and short. yeah it was a 60's style but it worked for Mike Brady and Anthony Nelson.

both actors were playing characters who were in high-powered/status occupations.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/5500000/Mike-Brady-the-brady-bunch-5541361-304-285.jpg
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/arpaestelar/images/8/85/Jeannie_-_2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130210234610&path-prefix=es

but I guess the perm is better than what 'professionals' do... nose rings, tattoos on breasts you can see, panty lines, whore platform shoes... [and this is our assistant principal in my elementary schools.

Oh God. Fortune vomits on my eiderdown once more.

I preferred Mike Brady with curly hair because it looked more '70s.

Straight.