Audio Equipment and Home Theater Audio : Do anyone still use VHS player or still watch VHS?

Do anyone still use VHS player or still watch VHS?

I just wanted to know you don't see to many people watching VHS or mentioning VHS tapes much. I still have my VHS tapes and my VHS/DVD player. I like DVDs but I still don't see what is the big deal with them except you can get extra footage on them. A DVD can get scratched just like a VHS can tear up.

Re: Do anyone still use VHS player or still watch VHS?

...maybe the fact that dvd has better picture, better sound, takes less space, is far more user-friendly, doesn't deteriorate with age or by repeated viewing...

Spider Jerusalem. Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

I still have a VHS player, two infact but one is not plugged in. It really doesn't get much use at all because DVD and Blu Ray are far better.

"The World Is Your Lobster My Son!"-Arthur Daley, Minder.

me. i still record my shows and want to record Shen and Zhao at the Olympics

Ask a fish head anything you want to, they won't answer. They can't talk.

That is what I use the VHS most for is recording old rerun shows that still come on or something I just want seee.

I borrowed a VHS from the library, but only because it was about local mountain biking trails. It will be on DVD when I'm done with it...

And I'm going to be recording a bunch of hi-fi VHS audio recordings onto the computer.

hi-fi VHS audio recordings

Spider Jerusalem. Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

I still watch VHS, I just dont see the point in buying the DVD of a movie that I already have on VHS if I am only going to watch it like once every 5 years like most of my tapes. The movies I do have on DVD I watch more often.

I can agree with you on that to. I have DVD movies and VHS movies I may watch it that week and a month later want to watch it again.

VHS hi-fi audio approached CD or DAT quality, even at EP speeds. Until hard drives got cheap, nothing else could record 6 hours as cheaply or well. And, it was uncompressed analog, not the lossy "MP3 quality" of DVDs.

And, a VHS with a jog-shuttle controller is easier to single frame through than most DVD players or computer media players.

There's a lot of movies that haven't been release on DVD or Blu-ray, especially exploitation and b-movies, cult favourites....so yes I still watch VHS from time to time...

Your poetry will now be written with blood

If there is something that is unavailable on DVD I will watch it, but not if I can help it. (Not available can mean Not available here, but the VHS is)

I also record things onto VHS off the TV as I can't afford a DVR.

The last time I had a VHS player was just before The Matrix came out lol. I keep a few VHS films like Jurassic Park and Terminator 2 stored away though.

"You will never be one of the people!"