Audio Equipment and Home Theater Audio : Can you burn a CD from a radio broadcast?

Can you burn a CD from a radio broadcast?

By that I mean, can you stick a CD in the "Burn a CD" section of your receiver, set your radio to a specific broadcast, and "record" (so to speak) the broadcast straight from the radio onto a CD?

Re: Can you burn a CD from a radio broadcast?

You need a device like Honestech Audio Recorder Deluxe. It plugs into an audio output, like from the 'tape out' on your receiver then into your computer. It's about the size of a pck of cards and gets it's power thru a USB port. As the music is playing you hit record (software based). (then stop after the program or song) then after it captures the signal you use it's software to tell it to convert the file to a media file like MP3, then you can transfer that to the CD.

You can also use it to cut the progam into seperate songs.
This Honestech will record ANY analog audio coming from your head unit, (such as records, tapes, FM, even TV etc.) SWEET.

That would be nice if you could record some radio stations onto CD like the old fashione cassette tapes. Now I don't think you can do that with CDs

You can do it, but not directly. Just a few extra steps.
The Honestech also lets you set a start and stop time, that you can slice into individual files or record as one long file. As long as you have the hard drive. and then transfer to a disc or just play off the hard drive.

Oh ok I didn't know that.

There's USB radio tuners (and cards), which should come with software that allows scheduled recordings. Or, just use the tuner (or receiver) you have and connect it to the line in jack on your computer.
Forget CDs unless you really have a compelling reason. Usable MP3 players can be bought for under $20. Or make MP3 CDs, which hold much more than a regular CD, and can play on computers, many DVD players, and on certain portable CD players. (You can often find Sony MP3 CD Walkmen at thrift stores for a few bucks.)