Displays and Projectors : Me buying a HDTV? Probably won't be buying one until 2012 or 2013.

Me buying a HDTV? Probably won't be buying one until 2012 or 2013.

I don't know about any of you, but, it's going on 2009, which means it's a brand new year, & I think that I plan to save at least $2500 for both Sony's & Microsoft's next gen platforms, & for a HDTV in 1080p or higher. Yes, I know it's early, & that they won't be releasing the next gen systems until about 2011 & 2012, but it's better than waiting until the last minute, right? Especially when you got bills hanging over your head, etc. What I plan to do is to save that money onto my banking savings account, & it won't be touched until around that time, for the next gen systems at least. As for a HDTV, I probably won't be getting one until about in 2012 or 2013. By then, we'll probably have far greater HDTV's or something else that's even more better than the current HDTV's that we have now. Think about it. For now, I'm just sticking to what I have.

Re: Me buying a HDTV? Probably won't be buying one until 2012 or 2013.

But you know they'll have even better gaming platforms and HDTVs in 2017! Why don't you save your money till then? Oh, wait, what about 2022? Those TVs will leave the 2017 models in the dust!

You know what, maybe you should just save all your money and wait for the 2048 models, then you'll have all your retirement years to enjoy all the movies and video games you want, and you'll have the best technology possible before you keel over.

Meanwhile, those of us who've already bought into the technology are having a blast. So, enjoy your high horse; we'll enjoy our high definition.

I'm not going to save my money for that long, lol. I'm thinking that I should buy either a Samsung, a Sharp, or a LG HDTV next year.

Why not get an HDTV now so you can really enjoy the visuals of the current game consoles instead of just enjoying the gameplay? It is really like playing half of the game...