American Reunion : Would you want another sequel or is this enough?

Would you want another sequel or is this enough?

We now have a "complete trilogy" for the movies but as a fan I personally would always get excited (and I think many others would as well) if another one was ever announced. Those piece of sh*t spin-off movies are horrible and I hope to God they never do another. But I dont know maybe in three or four years the writers could come up with another storyline for the gang...What do you think?

Re: Would you want another sequel or is this enough?

I think this was enough; a nice, unexpected nostalgic throwback. A fifth one might be overkill.

That is four, not three (even if YOU probably don't like American Wedding and if I definitively don't like American Reunion). I won't object for a fifth one, as long as they get better script.

would just to see finch's reaction when he figures out stifler slept with his mom.

American Pie 5: Stifler's Wedding...I know they already did a wedding but just imagine one where Stifler prepares for and then gets married. The Bachelor Party and then the wedding that Stifler holds for himself. Bring back the younger Stifler trying to join in gang. Finch's mom showing up to the wedding and sitting in a section designated for Stifler's previous girlfriends/conquests freaking Finch out. Mr. Levenstein and Stifler's mom going as a couple.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I'm not sure if I'd want another one, this one was kind of bittersweet, like seeing some old friends again..especially because I grew up basically along the same timeline. The only kind of movie that may be cool would be like some "Grown Ups" type of scenario, but even then, I don't think the raunchiness would be as welcoming.

As much as I love this franchise, I think this movie puts a nice cap on everything. Another movie imo would be overkill. However, if they were to make another one with all the original cast members I most likely would watch it.

Utah! Get me two.

"Until next time." Enough Said. I'd love another one. I'll never get tired of the characters. This series depicts the progression of growing up. We all know a few guys who still haven't left High School behind... some take longer to let go than others, but I think deep down, even for those of us who hated it, theres still that little bit that wished it never ended. I'll take another slice.

http://shops.half.ebay.com/jessewantsmovies_W0QQ

I wouldn't have minded seeing American Pie: Honey Moon prior to Reunion. Having Jim and Michelle trying to have a good getaway somewhere (maybe LA or some tropical island) where Stifler chooses to go along and bring everyone with him without Michelle not knowing and Jim trying to keep him and everyone quiet. The more I think of it, it would be more like the Hangover.

After seeing this one i think they should stop. I think the spark of these films left after the second.

American midlife crisis?

If The Hangover never existed, that plot would've made a great "American Wedding" about Stifler, Oz, Kevin, and Finch looking for Jim.

tRuE sTAR LeGEnd

If Grown Ups was never written it would have made for a good movie American Vacation or something of the sort. Kind of like American Pie 2 but as adults maybe set three or four years after American Reunion, everyone gets together with their wives/children in like Florida or something. Finch and Selina with a kid (the kid is like a mini-Finch)...Stifler with a serious girlfriend who keeps angling for him to propose...Jim and Michelle had another kid (a girl) so they deal with the now six year old Evan and an infant. Oz and Mia babysit Evan to take some of the slack as they prepare for their own baby (Mia's pregnant).

You'd like to see Oz with Mia still. UGH! I'd rather see Oz and Heather together again!!

I think Kevin would need to be the one who went missing.

Jim would be the character where all the bad stuff happened too like Stu in the hangover.

Of course there will be sequels, first a couple of cheap spin-offs like you said and then in a few years there will a new American ___________. I can already see the title for the 14th movie American Reunion - Florida...

Also, if they somehow can't get the original actors, they can still do prequels, like them in the kindergarten, or something like that...

Only movies that are worth watching: http://www.rabbit-reviews.com

I thought Reunion put a proper amount of closure on the franchise. However there would certainly be worse film ideas than another "American Pie" sequel. Provided they wait a little bit to do it. Perhaps focusing on Stiffler becoming a father?

Was just thinking about this. It was bittersweet to go down memory lane for the reunion. I also felt a bit sad that this may be over. They would really need a strong subject for another. Maybe divorce but who knows, they've touched on a lot.

Definitely want another one. I enjoy these films tremendously. Very nostalgic and entertaining, since I've devoted a lot of my time as a teen to these characters.

I wouldn't mind 2-3 sequels. I adore the franchise.

same here, i love all 4 of these movies.

I wouldn't mind another one, but not for few years. Maybe at their 20th reunion. I love these movies and the characters so it's always nice to see them reunite every few years. This one was my favorite after the original, but it may just because everybody came back for it.

-Di

i think its enough,
4 movies was exactly as many as i wanted it to be in the series

I'd love to see more. The characters could meet up for weekend trip maybe camping, a ski lodge or a foreign trip or something. The families could even do a group summer vacation...a la The Great Outdoors. The possibilites are endless.

Post deleted

I think the American Pie story is all but done. They were all four really funny movies. I was content with three films and was very much pleased with reunion bringing back all the characters was awesome. Great comedy series of films.

If it ever gets made I will watch it because I love these films, but I think enough is enough.

Post deleted

I think there are plans underway for a 5th theatrical film despite Reunion undergrossing at the box office.

I was a high-school freshman when the first film came out, and I enjoyed the two theatrical sequels (and for what its worth, didn't think Band Camp was that bad either).

That said, I think four theatrical releases is enough. The American Pie films had their time in the spotlight, and Reunion was a great way to revisit these characters and cap the franchise off.

We all have our problems, some just hide it better.

This would be enough if the script is going to be like this one. It wasn't all that great. But like many others have said, I wouldn't surprised if we get an American Vacation, where they all end up at a lake house and a plot line like Grown Ups.

... or you could just let real writers write stories. I hate fan fiction.

I think these movies are hilarious, and would love a sequel :-D

We are all going to die.
I intend to deserve it.

Yes and No.

No, because 4 is enough and it'll be hard to come up with a good script for #5.

Yes, because I just adore Alyson Hannigan as Michelle.

American Reunion did a nice job in bringing the entire cast back, and made for a fun, entertaining movie. If done right, I personally would love to see another AP sequel with the original cast.

A solid script with an original storyline will be a mega-factor needed to convince entire cast to return for another film. Rehashing past storylines with a new spin (one example: Stifler getting married) would not be enough.

I wouldn't mind a fifth one with the original cast to know what happens with Steven. Is he going to spend the rest of his life chasing girls or will he settle down.

Post deleted

I want more. American Baby, American Divorce, American Retirement Home, American Funeral, more, more more every couple of years for the rest of my life! We don't need the spinoffs though, those were kinda lame.

This was enough.
It was fun but didn't add much however it is better than the awful spin-offs.

It's hard to say, I think alot of us love the characters, but I don't see what they could come up with next.

Although I guess it could be American Funeral with Jim's dad being dead, although Levy is one of the funnier parts of the movies with his awkward take on having conversations.

Might be best to let it go, unless they spin off one of the main characters like Stiffler or Jim

Definitely don't need a part 5, this was a good end to the series. Leave it on a high note and move on...

---------------------------

We're running a Half Marathon for Barnet & Chase Farm Hospitals: www.justgiving.com/EalingBCF

I saw a thread about "American funeral" one of the gang dies and they all get together to moun and crazy sex hijinks ensue when they all contemplate their mortality.

I'd see it

-Rye
Look!www.imdb.com/title/tt0118276/board/thread/132505868?d=132505868&p= 1

As a huge fan of the series, I say bring them back! If you can get the 5 guys plus Michelle, Jim's Dad, Stifler's Mom and Heather back, I would be thrilled to see that. Also throw in the Sherminator. haha

"Welcome to prime time, bitch!" Freddy

I didn't think American Wedding was quite as funny as the first two, but it was good. I didn't think that one was sequel-worthy but I loved American Reunion. It was fun to see the cast grow up. I think another sequel would be good. It could be fun to have one set when they are around 40, especially if they have kids who are teenagers. Stiffler having daughters would be a hysterical scenario.

As for the direct to video spinoffs, dear God please don't make any more of those.

Every movie in the series was based on a major event in their lives, graduating high school, that first summer home from college, Jim's wedding and now a class reunion. I really don't see where they can go from here with the series other than individual character spinoffs.

I wouldn't mind more as long as they can maintain the quality. I personally don't think this movie deserves such a low rating, and suspect people are voting it overly low because it didn't quite live up to their expectations.

American Reunion finally proves that they actually could make a sequel that's a fun movie and doesn't mess with the characters too much. I'm ignoring the the non-theatrical sequels here.
The second and third was OK, the third did show that they ran out of steam. But this one gets them all back without forcing it. The next sequel probably can't do that without it getting too weird.
This movie is surprisingly solid. I consider the first one a classic and this is a worthy sequel to that movie.
The fifth wil probably be about a wedding. Finch' wedding should be the one. It's a shame that Hangover is made, American Pie:The Hangover could have been great.

This is enough. The only way a new sequel wouldn't just be a retread of this one is if one of them (say Kevin) dies and that wouldn't work at all. I really don't see anyone but Stifler feeling too horny after that.

Post deleted

kcj414, American Reunion spoiler regarding your post:

It is clearly established at the end of American Reunion that Oz and Heather are officially back together.

Post deleted