Safe House : has Denzel ever made…

has Denzel ever made…

a movie that really sucked in recent memory? I dont think I've ever seen a actor be this consistent in picking his movies.

Re: has Denzel ever made…

i didn't really care for "out of time"

out of time, john Q, deja vu, are the most recent ones i can remember. i hated ricochet too but that was older.

I like ricochet

forgot about John Q.

no

"Out of Time" was a fine little noir. Watch Denzel in the scene with the little old lady in the police station again. It's delightful.

John Q is bad? You're a *beep* moron.

are you mad??? john Q, Fallen, Deja Vu are one of his best movies! out of time was also entertaining, but safe house is way overrated. it is a solid action flick but nothing more.

WOW!
OUT of TIME is amazing. His 3rd best film behind only Training Day and Equalizer.
Ricochet is unbelievable too!
Dejavu and John Q are awesome as well.

I'm speechless.

I agree, Kupotek, I LOVED Deja Vu.
And OP, that's why I always try and go see the newest Denzel movie, because I know it'll always be good. ;)

The Book Of Eli. Just horrible.

JOHN Q ?? How can you say that is a bad movie, I consider it one of Denzels best. Also Deja Vu was a good movie in my eyes.

John Q is one of his worst reviewed movies.

You can't let a critic who only cares about what they can say bad about a movie represent how good a movie actually was to an audience.
EVERY Denzel movie I have seen has been fun to watch and overall a great movie.
Deja vu
John Q
Safehouse
American Gangster
Man on Fire
Book of Eli
Every one of them have been entertaining movies that Denzel made into great ones. He delivers every time.

Agreed. I don't get why people like to cite other people as reasons for their own thoughts. Totally ridiculous. Why have a brain then? And yes, I certainly enjoyed John Q.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

The Book of Eli was an instant classic. A masterpiece. I wished I was watching it several times in this movie. Though I loved this movie.

In my opinion, The Book of Eli was pretty good. But Gary Oldman stole the show

The Taking od Pelham 1,2,3 wasn't great. It wasn't bad either but had no interest (plus, the original is damn good)

I'm so excited, I think I'll brush all my teeth today!

I knew you were going to say that!

Its that man again!!

In recent memory: 'Unbearable' and 'As Boring As 1 2 3'
I didn't liked them. I prefered Pelham because of John Travolta. He's a great bad guy. In Unstoppable, most of the time he's sitting on his ass! I like Denzel Washington But when I think back and check his filmography, I realize that there's a lot of good movie, but not a lot that I LOVE!

In no particular order, his best to me are:

Man On Fire
Fallen
The Book Of Eli
Virtuosity
Philadelphia

Those are the only movies I have with him in my collection.

Still, He make any movies a little better then it is.
And I intend to see all his movies in due time.

If he's made a bad movie...I haven't seen it yet.

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

I did not see a bad movie yet, but I mean LOVE. It's a subtle but meaningful difference!

Post deleted

Deja Vu was not my favorite but only because of repeating of the same events over aqnd over again. I am not a fan of time travel fix the past movies. So not his fault. But you are right, he is very consistant with his films. All likeable or better.

Sincerely,
Candylyn
CEO (formerly VP of Pizza, Snacks & Soda)of Geekdom Rising

IMO he's never been in a BAD movie! my top 5 are

1. Great Debaters (People always seem to forget about this one)
2. Man On Fire
3. Training Day
4. Hurricane
5. American Gangster

Denzel Washington, absolute legend!!

I thought Book of Eli and Manchurian Candidiate were disasters!

I don't hate any of his movies but I didn't care very much for The Pelican Brief or The Manchurian Candidate. Apart from that, I've enjoyed everything he's been part of.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, let's see it.

I'll never hate any of Denzel's movies either. Gave Safe House 5/10 cuz of Denzel, though not one of my fave's. My all-time fave's are Training Day, American Gangster and Remember the Titans. Also loved Antwone Fisher.

I have the feeling that the man has so much charm that he can lift any movie to a higher level. Even movies that have obvious flaws - like Safe House - are amusing because he's in it. I'd love to see him do more risky roles that show his acting skills. He has too few of those on his resume.

Daniel Day Lewis anyone?

Post deleted

dis 1. dis 1 totally sucked

I live, I love, I slay, and I'm content

The book of Eli sucked big time.

Hey you, standing in the road always doing what you're told, Can you help me?

Blasphemy, I thought Book of Eli was one of his best yet.

Remember the titans anyone?

The one with the speeding train....garbage

Virtuosity is one movie that I felt I wasted money seeing.

Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh!t in order to be comfortable?

Virtousity is crazy underrated!

yip unstoppable was totally stoppable, so bad i turned it off and i love denzel movies. wasnt a big fan of manchurian candidate either but thats more down to personal taste than anything else...cant stand political thrillers.

Deja Vu I didn't much care for, and despite everyone telling me how great it was I did not like Man on Fire. This one took the cake in terms of terrible though. Absolutely dreadful.

You don't need to agree or disagree. You just need to listen.

Wow, no love for Unstoppabble, lol? I liked that one.

Deja Vu and Man on Fire...along with a few others...meh. Loved American Gangster though!

"His mind's like a bag of cats. You can smell crazy on him."

Nothing that really sucked...nothing that was great either.
His last very good was Inside man.

My Vote History: http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=5479050

I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. It seems like every major actor has starred in at least one terrible film. But my theory is that there one who hasn't. I think Denzel could be that guy. I have yet to watch a bad film from him. I'm going through his filmography to see them all and test it out. Mississippi Masala was just good enough by a hair.

I think Denzel continues to pick consistanly average flicks. I havn't seen one I've flat out disliked either!

My favorite? Man On Fire. I have seen most of Denzel Washington's films but I think MOF is his best.

Here kitty, kitty, kitty. Meow! Here Jonesy.

You people seem to have blocked "Unstoppable" out of your memories for it beeing one of the worst movies ever. And Denzel took the job for some reason.

Also note that it then took him 2 years to get into a new flick. This one.
So maybe Unstoppable even put his career on hold haha

lol training day beats everything when it comes to cheese

You can pretty much look at the Box Office (anything under 70 million domestic) in terms of which films audiences didn't like. The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, Deja Vu, The Manchurian Candidate & Out of Time was probably his worst because he was on a huge hot streak (5 hit movies in a row) and that one just bombed big time.

Post deleted