Formats : App or Site for Users to find other Users with similar tastes/rankings/r

App or Site for Users to find other Users with similar tastes/rankings/r

rates in films? I suppose I have odd tastes but there are tons of films out there that are consensus critical bombs and general public failures that either I love or find enjoyable and conversely many hits I think are terrible.

There's got to be some kind of way to research a database of user movie rankings to find similar people who as much as possible have a taste in films similar to your own. It surely wasn't possible on RT when I USED to use it years ago (miserable website in design and functionality).

Help out a person who really doesn't know apps or social media. Don't use twitter and I've never been to Facebook but the more films I rank or review the more I realize I'm somewhat out of tune with what the critics and general public seem to like so I'm better
off trying to find suggestions from people who I seem to be more in tune with.

All flames welcome if this post has an obvious answer and makes me look extremely thick. I can deal with criticism.

Re: App or Site for Users to find other Users with similar tastes/rankin

oh and if someone reads this and develops some kickass community or app because of it, I won't mind a word of acknowledgement... stock options or money are equally welcome