Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future : Toys?

Toys?

What I recall from this series were the "interactive" toys. The characters

had something on their chest that you could fire at and earn points.

Did anyone actually buy them? Does anyone know if (and how) it worked?

I was 13 - 14, but I never bought them because I knew the series would not be

on for long!

Re: Toys?

I had a bunch of those toys back in the day! It was a cool little jet thing with a pistol grip that you used with videos or the TV show to play and get a high score. It was interactive like the zapper gun on the nintendo. Sensors on the XT-7 recorded hits and also registered when enemies would shoot you. If you took too many hits a little ejector seat in your jet would shoot your action figure out of the jet. Those toys were so great that I'm sure if they were brought back they'd be huge. I was about 7 when the toys came out so the toys I had were given away to relatives when I moved out. You can get the toys on e-bay for like 40 bucks if you can find them.

I started a collection of these toys back in the day and they had some really cool stuff. Apart from the interactive XT-7's and Phantom Strikers, they had a pretty cool assortment of action figures, accessories, bases, vehicles, and ships. Kinda like another Star Wars collection from the days of old. I looked these up on EBay and they're practically been given away for 1$ - 30$! I'm pretty surprised that these toys today haven't gone up in value at all, because I would consider them to be collector's items.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Yeah, I had one of those things too. pretty cool toy, though i was too young to understand what was going on. i just tried to shoot stuff

Unfortunately you cant use those toys on progressive scan TVs. I have the Powerjet XT7 (I think thats the name) and I recently tried it on my Sony LCOS XBR1 and where there was the flickering strobes (guns, chests, etc) that you would need to record hits and damage, there is nothing but a hole. Strange to see, especially since I was and still am a fan of the show and used these things quite a bit as a kid.

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

I have both the Captain Power and Lord Dread fighter planes w/ ejecting seats still working.. A couple of the videos, a 'training' disc that you can shoot at and reflect back at yourself, lol.. and that little 'captain power' power-up base.

I had the Power jet and the Cap Power figure. A buddy of mine had the Phantom jet. Before I moved away I have it to a local kid.

heck yeah i had these toys. wish i still did, they were stylish. kind of robo cop meets iron man meets star wars. i was ten when these came out so they were quite the rage with me n my pals.

I had a bunch of them and yes they did work!

"Angels to some, demons to others..... Now you must come with us!"