Truck Turner : UNDERRATED!

UNDERRATED!

I've been a fan of "blaxploitation" movies for quite some time now and having not heard too much about this one i wasn't expecting the world, but this has to be not only the most underrated "blaxploitation" movie but one of the most underrated movies ever in my opinion. I was blown away! There are so many amazing things about this film. Why this film is not more popular, I do not know.

Re: UNDERRATED!

Matt you are so correct. For we lovers of black film, Truck Turner is a favorite. But it doesn't have the profile of Shaft or Superfly. Either way, it's a very fun movie.

As a fan of Blaxploitation genre I totally agree with you too. Truck Turner is a great movie made by the great man!

One of the things I love about the film is Hayes doesn't play Turner like a lot of other blaxploitation heroes. What I mean is he is just some regular dude who drinks beer and loves his girlfriend, and not some supercool total jive talking dude.

Hayes doesn't seem to fussed about looking in total control of every scene, which works in his favour.

mattslittlebrother is right, Truck Turner character is a fairly regular (but don't mess with me) working class dude just taking care of business. Unlike Jim Kelly -Mr. Karate playa, or Fred Williamson -Mr. Pretty Boy playa, or Jim Brown -Mr. Muscles playa, kings of the blaxploitation era. Isaac Hayes remindes me somewhat of Bruce Willis in the Die Hard sagas, a regular type guy. Unlike beefy and brawny Schwarzenegger and Stallone!

I totally agree.

It isn't just the movie itself, the last two minutes with the credits rolling is two of the best minutes in film, beautiful camera work and the toughest jam ever in a film. No people, the music in Shaft isn't better or even nearly equal to the music here, just better known.

Completely agree. I wasn't expecting much when I saw it coming on this weekend, but I loved it. It never gets the lip service of inferior, more popular movies.

Great film. Loved Truck's girlfriend in the movie also.

I've always said that COFFY is Queen of the Blaxploitation flick, but TRUCK TURNER is King! I wrote an appreciation of it, here:

http://juntajuleil.blogspot.com/2010/09/film-review-truck-turner-1974- jonathan.html

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I've always loved blaxploitation films, and I recently found it by complete chance. I LOVED it, Turner is such a bad-ass! He would kick Dirty Harry's and Shaft's asses big time! The film itself is also technically quite interesting, both in the direction and editing; I loved the camera on Blue's face when he's about to die, or the shots that make Turner appear taller or his gun gigantic. Great fun, great performances, great flick overall. A must see.