So Bad They're Good : The Paul Lynde Halloween Special

The Paul Lynde Halloween Special

This originally aired on US tv in October of 1976 and featured comedian Paul Lynde with guests Margaret Hamilton (the witch from THE WIZARD OF OZ), Florence Henderson (Mrs Brady Bunch), fellow comedian Tim Conway, Billie Hayes (Witchiepoo from H R PUFNSTUF), Roz Kelly (Pinky Tuscadero in HAPPY DAYS) and rock band KISS (who look like fish out of water). Hilariously bad but fun at the same time.
www.imdb.com/title/tt0382219/

Re: The Paul Lynde Halloween Special

Just bought this. The black and white stills make it appear that Margaret Hamilton just put on a black dress and witches' hat, but she is indeed in green make-up. To pair her with Billie Hayes' Witchie-Poo as sisters makes me wonder if Oz and the Living Island are near each other. And what did Witchie-Poo do when she learned of her other sister's death?

"Great theater makes you smile. Outstanding theater may make you weep."

I own this dvd. I love, love, love Paul Lynde. The collection of guest stars is bizarre in the extreme.

I wonder if they will release THE PAUL LYNDE SHOW on dvd ? -
www.imdb.com/title/tt0068118/
It only lasted one season but that hasn't stopped other shows that were short lived from being released on dvd. Examples of this are BEYOND WESTWORLD, FUTURE COP and MANIMAL.

and rock band KISS (who look like fish out of water). Hilariously bad but fun at the same time.

Mentioning them made me recall another 'so bad it's good' fiasco of theirs, called Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park (1978). Co-star Anthony Zerbe recalled that basically all they were doing was running around an amusement park with a camera, and expected the resultant film to be a hot mess. He wasn't far wrong about that, but it's an hilarious mess too, and worth looking up.

I saw it. Rented it on Halloween of 2014 (one of the last three Halloweens where we still had Videostation *sniff*) It was truly the most 70's thing I ever saw in my life!

Seriously terrible, but strangely captivating at the same time in its jaw-dropping crappiness. It's like watching two trains collide in slow motion for fifty agonizing minutes.

You've seen Guy Standeven in something since the man was in everything.

http://movie-dude.co.uk/Guy%20Standeven.htm

So bad😂👍

I wasn't really here. It was all in your head!

Hilarious that fools back then didn't realize Paul Lynde was a raging homosexual queen.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

They must have known lol just as Liberace but it wasn't discussed back then.

So Uncle Arthur on Bewitched was gay. Who knew?

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior