Last of the Summer Wine : How Many Different Things Does Edie Tell Glenda to Do?

How Many Different Things Does Edie Tell Glenda to Do?

In addition to "Drink your coffee!", when Edie is telling Glenda off for saying or doing something "unseemly" (or "continental") in front of company, I also remember hearing the following:

"Fasten your seatbelt" (When they were out in Edie's car)
"Read your hymn book"--when they were in church. I think that was Compo's funeral.

Does anyone remember any others?

A lot of my favorite episodes come from the Foggy and early Truly years, which was when we first started following the series when we saw it on public TV where I live in America, and I think the show sadly lost some really good characters in the later year: both Edie and Wesley, along with Eli, whose cameos were always fun.

'Irregardless' is not a word

Re: How Many Different Things Does Edie Tell Glenda to Do?

Edie told Glenda to "Drink your Sherry" in "There Goes the Groom".

Thanks. Had forgotten that one. Clarke was king of running jokes. Funny as they were, throwing in a fresh twist every now and then is what makes that work.

"Sometimes it's right to feel a fool"- Cleggy

She told her to "Hang your coat up!" when she said how "wonderfully comforting" Barry was under a duvet!

No matter what it is; you know it's coming. As soon as Glenda comes out with some remark, you know what's next. It's like waiting for a cat to pounce.

I've always wondered why she says 'coffee' and not 'tea'. Was there a reason for it?

It was a coffee hour and they were all drinking coffee. Also the word "coffee" sounds more authoritative.