Romance : Would you agree the key ingredient In a romantic movie it's chemistry?

Would you agree the key ingredient In a romantic movie it's chemistry?

I'd say yes

You have a couple with a great chemistry and you have an incredibly successful chick flick.
It doesn't matter if its cheesy, a little implausible or sometimes kind of wrong but a main couple with great chemistry never fails.

Re: Would you agree the key ingredient In a romantic movie it's chemistry?

Could you give us a few example, first of all of couples who did NOT have the chemistry.

Second, couples with chemistry who surmounted other deficiency in a movie.

who didn't have chemistry Amanda Seyfried and the guy who played her love interest in letters to Juliet or Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana in the time Traveler's wife.

The story looked very promising and with depth but was kind of ruined by the lack of chemistry

And a couple with great chemistry but horrible script and story the twilight saga.
I'm not a twilight fan but the success of the movies it's thanks to the chemistry with Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart.

I'm truly not biassed I dislike both of them as actors but I can't deny their chemistry and the hit this saga has been.

Really I've never seen before with a worse script which has been as successful as this one.

I have to admit, the sexual tension didn't hurt. Kept me in my seat, and wanting more!

I think chemistry is instrumental to presenting romance onscreen. Without chemistry between the characters, it is impossible to invest in the romance.

I made this thread and I couldn't have say it better.
The chemistry is what makes us root for the main couple and keep us interested in the destiny of the main couple.

ITA. Lack of chemistry between the leads kills a romance movie.

~"Chris, am I weird?"
~"Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird."

You could have two actors genuinely HATE each other in real life. But if they are a good actor, and the script is solid.....they will convince you that their character's love for each other is real.

With this sentence I inmediatley thought about the film The Age of Innocence.
Daniel Day Lewis and Michelle Pfeiffer on screen looked like they were very in love but rumor has it that in real life they couldn't stand each Other.

you have a great point with this example, though I think great chemistry does exist between two actors.
There is a special something in a movie couple that's makes you believe them everything they say.

You can put two great actors together but if there is no chemistry you won't believe in their love.

For example The Great Gatsby 2013.
There was something missing between Leo and Carey Mulligan Missing even tough both are very talented but when you see him with Kate Winslet you feel like they belong together.

Re: Would you agree the key ingredient In a romantic movie it's chemistr

The meaning of chemistry in this context is so nebulous that there are an infinite number of reasons to agree and disagree.

The actors have to be able to act the chemistry between their characters. I can think of a few great screen romances where there was no chemistry between the actors, but they worked fantastically as lovers:

Niles and Daphne from Frasier.

Doris Day and Rock Hudson in Pillow Talk, Lover Come Back.

Pierce Brosnan and Teri hatcher in Tomorrow never dies is another example, they didn't get along while shooting the film but their scenes together make it look like they could have been real lovers.