Reality TV : Worst. Reality Shows!!!!

Worst. Reality Shows!!!!

Here comes Honney Boo-Boo
The Bad Girls Club
Toddlers & Tiaries
ANTM-I used to love this show until they' got rid of the 2 Jays and Nigel.

"Is it written somewhere? You should do what you want".

Re: Worst. Reality Shows!!!!

That Honey Boo-boo crap, hands down. That mother of hers makes me want to vomit!

...Electric Aunt Jemima, goddess of love...

All of them are horrible.But I'll list a few that I think are the absolute worst.

"Undercover Boss"
"Toddlers & Tiaras"
"Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo"
"Sister Wives"
"World's Worst Tenants"
"Wife Swap"
"Big Brother"

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental

I can't stand either one.

I will admit I took a look at Tia & Tamera reality show it was decent but I would rather see them in a movie or on a TV sitcom I don't want to view their lives like that it gets dull to me. Then The Braxtons is a ok but I'm not fascinated with celebrity lives like that to much personal business I don't want to know. I would rather just know them as singers/actress.

Made In Chelsea
The X Factor
Big Brother

All of them fcking suck!! They all follow the same dumb formula now too.

The worst have got to be those crappy History/discovery channel redneck ones...I mean god how can anyone stand those? Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Swamp people/loggers, Ax Men, ice Road Truckers...yuck and don't forget Deadliest Catch! Was anyone else actually happy when that guy died in the fishing accident? I personally was, I know it sounds horrible, but that's what you get for turning your job into a television show...someone's going to get hurt stupid.

Then of course you have the ones that try to be "quality" but they're also really just sht. Hoarders, Intervention, Myth Busters, the stupid ghost ones all of them are crap.

The Science channel ones are the most offensive! Their new slogan is "question everything!" You know what that means....fcking conspiracy shows are coming...god will this dumb fad ever die? Like the UFO Nazi conspiracy documentaries they used to play on the history channel 5-8 years ago weren't enough...

The Dancing with the Stars, America's Got Talent, American Idol talent shows were stupid and annoying, but at least they had some type of a purpose. It was a contest, it had a beginning and an ending. You picked your team and that was the mindless entertainment you tuned in for. Many of them also featured washed out actors/singers so you could take pleasure in watching hacks who will do anything for money.

These new shows....they don't even have a point...They're not entertaining, they have annoying stupid characters that you hope will die, There is no story arc...so the show can never end! Fake tension....god this has got to be the most annoying element. There's always some douche who is supposed to be "the angry character" or the "guy with the temper" who's been roided up. His point is to just scream at everyone including the audience watching the show.

It shouldn't really need to be a reply but oh well, what the he ll!
"GOOD" and "REALITY" should never be combined to describe any show.

It's a fine way to dumb down our society on a constant basis. Most of
the time we all find ourselves watching this crap because it's the only
thing on.

The thing I've found more disturbing than anything else (and I find MANY
things very unsettling about the so called "reality" programs) is that growing up in the 1980's & '90's is the channels I used to respect are now filled with real life drama shows about the common people. People that I would be ashamed of knowing if I did happen to have them in my personal life. They're more like the folks I would see on COPS, or those police chase shows.

Anyone remember when A&E had shows about the ARTS and did not show DOG the Bounty Hunter (I know it's moved to another station, but it was there for many years..)? I recall them showing HAIR, and Death of A Salesmen as a part of their standard programming. Bravo was another one that focused on the arts. AMC never would have had a drama on making meth, if I may stray from the main topic for one small moment. Animal Planet is a personal pet peeve (no pun intended, but I did chuckle when I re-read this line). I saw my favorite station go into a downward spiral from educational programming to cringe worthy shows on things that would not be educational to the average 7 year old.

I could go on all day, but you get the idea.. As far as I'm concerned, the a la cart cable option where you can weed out the utterly useless stations full of punched up "reality shows" could not come soon enough!

It shouldn't really need to be a reply but oh well, what the he ll!
"GOOD" and "REALITY" should never be combined to describe any show.

It's a fine way to dumb down our society on a constant basis. Most of
the time we all find ourselves watching this crap because it's the only
thing on.

The thing I've found more disturbing than anything else (and I find MANY
things very unsettling about the so called "reality" programs) is that growing up in the 1980's & '90's is the channels I used to respect are now filled with real life drama shows about the common people. People that I would be ashamed of knowing if I did happen to have them in my personal life. They're more like the folks I would see on COPS, or those police chase shows.

Anyone remember when A&E had shows about the ARTS and did not show DOG the Bounty Hunter (I know it's moved to another station, but it was there for many years..)? I recall them showing HAIR, and Death of A Salesmen as a part of their standard programming. Bravo was another one that focused on the arts. AMC never would have had a drama on making meth, if I may stray from the main topic for one small moment. Animal Planet is a personal pet peeve (no pun intended, but I did chuckle when I re-read this line). I saw my favorite station go into a downward spiral from educational programming to cringe worthy shows on things that would not be educational to the average 7 year old.

I could go on all day, but you get the idea.. As far as I'm concerned, the a la cart cable option where you can weed out the utterly useless stations full of punched up "reality shows" could not come soon enough!

Oh Bravo! (another channel that's been ruined by reality shows btw) What's sad is that when I express this idea to people around me I always get the "well you can always change the channel" ....are these people stupid? It's the same thing on every channel! Reality shows are everywhere! Any fictional program is some ultra realistic cop/medical/lawyer drama.

Even on the extended digital channels you'll mostly see older syndicated reruns of retro shows or movies. I haven't seen a new and refreshing fictional show in almost 10 years.

Sadly Felix, the "Just change the channel" mantra comes from people who have already been dumbed down by being inundated daily for years by the drivel that passes for standard programming. Don't listen to them (or placate them.. they are sheeple or human lemmings. Blindly following those that herd them RIGHT OFF THE CLIFF), don't let them force you to join the new world society of idiocracy.
It can only drive you insane ..among other things stress related.

On a personal note, I went into a culture shock after not watching television for about 5 years. I just started again a year or two back. Admittedly, I streamed HIMYM/early Breaking Bad on line, and a few movies (etc,etc..) however I had NO CLUE what had gone so wrong until recently. The last I saw before boycotting television entirely, was seeing Animal Planet's Meercat Manor, now it's one of their better programs. It actually focuses on animals! I find better programs on PBS and NAT GEO wild. Thank God for Nature and NOVA!

Worst of all, our news stations are going the way of reality tv punch up. I Look to BBC news for accuracy first, because they seem to rely less on twitter and hearsay to jump the gun than American cable news networks. I miss the old CNN, and can't rely them for any breaking news. I would trust Jon Stewart more!

"If you get mad at critics, you almost always can be sure they are right." -Stephen King

Sadly Felix, the "Just change the channel" mantra comes from people who have already been dumbed down by being inundated daily for years by the drivel that passes for standard programming. Don't listen to them (or placate them.. they are sheeple or human lemmings. Blindly following those that herd them RIGHT OFF THE CLIFF), don't let them force you to join the new world society of idiocracy.
It can only drive you insane ..among other things stress related.

Well...I'll take that into consideration.

On a personal note, I went into a culture shock after not watching television for about 5 years. I just started again a year or two back. Admittedly, I streamed HIMYM/early Breaking Bad on line, and a few movies (etc,etc..) however I had NO CLUE what had gone so wrong until recently. The last I saw before boycotting television entirely, was seeing Animal Planet's Meercat Manor, now it's one of their better programs. It actually focuses on animals! I find better programs on PBS and NAT GEO wild. Thank God for Nature and NOVA!

Worst of all, our news stations are going the way of reality tv punch up. I Look to BBC news for accuracy first, because they seem to rely less on twitter and hearsay to jump the gun than American cable news networks. I miss the old CNN, and can't rely them for any breaking news. I would trust Jon Stewart more!

Oh CNN is garbage now, I don't think I've watched CNN in 8 years. The problem with CNN is that they're so fixated on playing the same stories over and over again and playing this absurd commentary shows that really have nothing to do with breaking news. And they love celebrities...

I tend to look all around for my news sources, Al Jezeera, Reuters, BBC, we all knew Fox jumped the shark in the 90s. Now it seems that CNN has followed suit.

I think the problem is that young people really aren't watching tv like they used to anymore. The internet is just more convenient and is a near limitless resource for anything that interests you. Whatever that may be...I've even noticed that more and more people are turning to retro tv shows on youtube and other streaming sources more than television.

OOH! I love watching CNN occasionally for comic relief (I get more laughs from that than Comedy Central Stand Up now). After the Marathon Bombers, the overly thin brunette was given a microphone and couldn't find a soul to interview, so she was left to do ad lib commentary. She (and I swear I AM NOT.. I REPEAT NOT MAKING THIS UP!) said, live on television, "It's like.. like a BOMB went off in this city"!Her face was deadpan, and she never apologized for the insensitivity of the thoughtless comment, nor showed any sense of remorse! At least they had the common sense to bury the quote, and remove all the links that were put online of the video. That thing should have gone viral. I also totally agree with you on FOX as well. I feel that most places we used to value as reliable news sources are just spewing hate, anger, and spreading their own agenda. Wasn't news supposed to be unbiased and fair? Give it 20 years and they'll be offering money for votes since their chosen candidates can't legally for themselves.

I have a 9&1/2 yr old son, and hate the world we're leaving him. His first crush is the girl who just stripped and twerked at a married man (ironically the son of THE t.v. dad of the 80's)who's in his thirties who was singing a song about "no meaning yes on a date" @ the V.M.A's. I never saw that one coming! You try your best to let your kids only see the good media influences, but even then it seems you may well have been better off letting them hang out in a strip club.

My kid is rebelling against two tattooed and pierced parents. He reminds his father that wearing shirts with swear words is upsetting to others, instituted a swear jar for his dad, got parental blocker on the t.v. so he couldn't accidentally watch something scary (he gets bad nightmares) while flipping through the channels. He is all boy, so the remote is his friend when he's allowed free t.v.time. It's ironic, a kid rebels against parents, no matter what parents are. I worked in horror films, we both love Halloween, yet unless it's in cartoon form, our son wants nothing to do with it, and he only warmed up to that about 2 years ago. We even decided to not force religion on him, and he asked at 7 years old to go to church as well as Bible camp on his Birthday. His father is an Atheist, and I was raised Catholic.

I guess it seems I've gone off topic, but it all ties together. My son is one of many of his generation. He was raised around children of Tattooists & Piercers. He's growing up with peers who have parents who tattoo or pierce. Some of them are recovering addicts. We lived in a poor ghetto for the first 3 years of his life. He loves the internet (I think he's addicted to it), and has little desire to know the outside world (his dad locks him out of the house when they do yard work so he is forced to do outdoor activities). His father hunts to feed him deer meat over the winter, and has tried to teach him (and against my better judgement), bought him his own shotgun (which is locked up, as are all their guns, in the gun safe) for hunting. They have a timeshare hunting ground in Southern Ohio to hunt on, which he has no choice but to be outside at, and do physical labor there). He refuses to to kill an animal. He's taken a stand against his father because he wants to be a vet, to save lives, not kill them. I think our kids are far different than we were, far stronger and more willing to think for themselves.

Maybe the internet and television are not the enemy if we teach them moderation. I've taught him to love to read, which helps open him up to more than spoon fed entertainment. E.B. White's Charlotte's Web, and Judy Blume's kid's books are some of his favorites. I think I'm going to get him "Where The Red Fern Grows" next..

"If you get mad at critics, you almost always can be sure they are right." -Stephen King

OOH! I love watching CNN occasionally for comic relief (I get more laughs from that than Comedy Central Stand Up now). After the Marathon Bombers, the overly thin brunette was given a microphone and couldn't find a soul to interview, so she was left to do ad lib commentary. She (and I swear I AM NOT.. I REPEAT NOT MAKING THIS UP!) said, live on television, "It's like.. like a BOMB went off in this city"!Her face was deadpan, and she never apologized for the insensitivity of the thoughtless comment, nor showed any sense of remorse! At least they had the common sense to bury the quote, and remove all the links that were put online of the video. That thing should have gone viral.

LOL!! Oh my god, I wish I had seen that. One thing I find hilarious at CNN is their "interactive maps." They always tend to have a new "news girl" every other month at that station too. Like they can't actually find a competent female to just say what's on the cue cards.

I also totally agree with you on FOX as well. I feel that most places we used to value as reliable news sources are just spewing hate, anger, and spreading their own agenda. Wasn't news supposed to be unbiased and fair? Give it 20 years and they'll be offering money for votes since their chosen candidates can't legally for themselves.

God I know I'm sick of it. If there's anything I hate more than political correctness, it's fear mongering. I've noticed Fox news has caught on these days because they're not "politically correct" but the alternative is constant fear mongering and hate filled rants from Bill O Reilly.

Can't there just be some in between here? A news station that just reports facts with 0 commentary. I would watch that.

I have a 9&1/2 yr old son, and hate the world we're leaving him. His first crush is the girl who just stripped and twerked at a married man (ironically the son of THE t.v. dad of the 80's)who's in his thirties who was singing a song about "no meaning yes on a date" @ the V.M.A's. I never saw that one coming! You try your best to let your kids only see the good media influences, but even then it seems you may well have been better off letting them hang out in a strip club.

My kid is rebelling against two tattooed and pierced parents. He reminds his father that wearing shirts with swear words is upsetting to others, instituted a swear jar for his dad, got parental blocker on the t.v. so he couldn't accidentally watch something scary (he gets bad nightmares) while flipping through the channels. He is all boy, so the remote is his friend when he's allowed free t.v.time. It's ironic, a kid rebels against parents, no matter what parents are. I worked in horror films, we both love Halloween, yet unless it's in cartoon form, our son wants nothing to do with it, and he only warmed up to that about 2 years ago. We even decided to not force religion on him, and he asked at 7 years old to go to church as well as Bible camp on his Birthday. His father is an Atheist, and I was raised Catholic.

I guess it seems I've gone off topic, but it all ties together. My son is one of many of his generation. He was raised around children of Tattooists & Piercers. He's growing up with peers who have parents who tattoo or pierce. Some of them are recovering addicts. We lived in a poor ghetto for the first 3 years of his life. He loves the internet (I think he's addicted to it), and has little desire to know the outside world (his dad locks him out of the house when they do yard work so he is forced to do outdoor activities). His father hunts to feed him deer meat over the winter, and has tried to teach him (and against my better judgement), bought him his own shotgun (which is locked up, as are all their guns, in the gun safe) for hunting. They have a timeshare hunting ground in Southern Ohio to hunt on, which he has no choice but to be outside at, and do physical labor there). He refuses to to kill an animal. He's taken a stand against his father because he wants to be a vet, to save lives, not kill them. I think our kids are far different than we were, far stronger and more willing to think for themselves.

Maybe the internet and television are not the enemy if we teach them moderation. I've taught him to love to read, which helps open him up to more than spoon fed entertainment. E.B. White's Charlotte's Web, and Judy Blume's kid's books are some of his favorites. I think I'm going to get him "Where The Red Fern Grows" next..

Wow…the story about your son is fascinating. It's funny that people try to raise their kids to "not rebel" and yet they always find some way to do it, even if it's silently or by being straight laced. It's good that your kids like to read, I liked reading when I was young but I think I liked it because my parents were the "blue collar yuppie" generation. The blue collar yuppie was the type of person born around the late 50s, early 60s who considered anything artsy fartsy pretentious and yet spent lots of money on a big screen tv or something totally useless. Reading books and taking music lessons, was my way of rebelling.

I'm surprised that a child so young would make an active decision to be baptized. Does he like church? I would find that the most shocking, as a kid my mom had to drag me there. There's not much more mind numbing to a child, I wonder if he felt compelled to do it because a lot of his friends were Christian or Catholic.

He definitely likes church functions, and asks a lot of questions regarding the stories of the Bible, so I figure he's paying attention and it's being processed by him. I explained that the more he reads it, there will be more questions than answers. He hates that I can use it back on him when he's misbehaving. Like when he says the ever popular "what ever" I tell him he's breaking the commandment to honor his mother and father. So it comes in handy occasionally.

I would put a smiley and a lol here now but I am sure it will be taken as sarcasm.-laminatedchicken

He definitely likes church functions, and asks a lot of questions regarding the stories of the Bible, so I figure he's paying attention and it's being processed by him.

That's where they get you, I can remember my friends inviting me along to church functions and we'd play and have picnics. Then the next time I'd come and there would be bible and morality discussion. Needlessly to say I did not return the next time they invited me…(they went to a different church then I did, their religion was kind of New Age, plus I went to a Catholic school, why add more church then I need to?)

I explained that the more he reads it, there will be more questions than answers. He hates that I can use it back on him when he's misbehaving.

That is true. The bible is a very dense read, there are times where I'll flip through it and still not understand what exactly I'm reading. And I studied it for 10 years in elementary and middle school.

Like when he says the ever popular "what ever" I tell him he's breaking the commandment to honor his mother and father. So it comes in handy occasionally.

Ah that is a nifty parenting device.

Funny thing..

I was just discussing on another board that if you'd like to get some "real horror"just read Revelations! The so called "Angels" are deeply, nightmare inducing and horrifying! There is one who is a so called "cherub". This little freak has multiple wings,and [bA THOUSAND EYES! NOT ONLY THAT.. HE SCREAMS HIS PRAISED OF THE LORD, TRAPPED FOR ETERNITY UNDER THE THRONE OF GOD.AND (get this) IF ANYONE HEARS HIM, THEY WILL BE DRIVEN INSANE!][/b] Now he's one of many nightmares in Heaven.. "Gabriel shouldnever come blow his horn!" It will blow off every head that hears it, not to mention exploding their hearts through their chests..

Just read the Bible and that books literal interpretations. Heaven is not exactly the promised land for everyone.

I would put a smiley and a lol here now but I am sure it will be taken as sarcasm.-laminatedchicken

Funny thing..

I was just discussing on another board that if you'd like to get some "real horror"just read Revelations! The so called "Angels" are deeply, nightmare inducing and horrifying! There is one who is a so called "cherub". This little freak has multiple wings,and [bA THOUSAND EYES! NOT ONLY THAT.. HE SCREAMS HIS PRAISED OF THE LORD, TRAPPED FOR ETERNITY UNDER THE THRONE OF GOD.AND (get this) IF ANYONE HEARS HIM, THEY WILL BE DRIVEN INSANE!][/b] Now he's one of many nightmares in Heaven.. "Gabriel shouldnever come blow his horn!" It will blow off every head that hears it, not to mention exploding their hearts through their chests..

Just read the Bible and that books literal interpretations. Heaven is not exactly the promised land for everyone.

Oh yes I've read the bible….all 900 pages of it. I went to Catholic school for 10 years, I used to have to take tests on this stuff.

I find the concept of heaven dull and unsatisfying. Who wants to lie around on a cloud all day?

Toddler & Tiaras or any show in general where the mother dresses their six year-old daughter up to look like a slut and makes her pole dance.

Keeping Up With The Kartrashians

I'm not much of a reality show person, but the little exposure of these two shows makes me put them at the top of my list.

I watch a lot of reality shows. I know. They are my guilty pleasure. But the worst one is, by far, Jersey Shore. How in the hell do these people make that kind of money? They are all morons and I can't stand the fact that they are famous.

Gypsy Sisters on TLC! I've never seen a show where the people do nothing but scream swear yell threaten screech swear physically fight scream and swear. For a whole hour!
The Will on CBS, lasted one episode, people arguing over who should collect on the grandfather's will. He wasn't even dead, yet!
The Little Chocolateers
Toddlers and Tiaras
Honey Boo Boo all above on TLC. HBB if I watch it I feel will physically make me sick.

Keeping Up With The Kardashians - I did get into the show but got fed up of it because of a few things like Kim being this victim because of her divorce from Kris Humphries and her going on about Rob saying hurtful things to her, she is no better than him didn't she call him a loser.

I've never seen that show. I hate Kris the most, she keeps pimping out one daughter after another.

There was one about people marrying who haven't even met before.

I watched it. There was one couple that had a guy who basically had a fit because his wife had ironed something on the bed, instead of a table. The 'argument' quickly went downhill fast. He got verbally abusive towards his wife, and she didn't appear to be the type that could stand up for herself. They were badly mismatched, and broke up at the end.
I couldn't help but wonder if his personality was overlooked; for entertainment purposes. The so-called marriage counselors should've known better than to match them up.

Only monumentally stupid people enjoy reality TV.

I don't know if I consider Toddlers and Tiaras as the worst one because I haven't watched it, it's totally agains my values.

If not, I have zero to none patience to music reality shows like American Idol, The Voice or Superstar. The X Factor is nice, though.