Phantasm : They should make this into a TV series!

They should make this into a TV series!

I think an episodic format would serve this story well.

Thread_Killer_of_IMDb is out there. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your post is dead.

Re: They should make this into a TV series!

I think that's a great idea. They've done it with Westworld and The Evil Dead, so why not?

I would love to see it take place in the 70s with the original characters (who would have to be recast, obviously). There was a sleuth element to the first film that could easy be woven into a multi-season story.

Someone call HBO!

Yeah.

That would be awesome! Love that idea too! Don't want to 'water' the idea down... but Hardy Boys books were still very popular back then... even in the 70s they were 'old'. But some teens and a sibling or two(very small group of kids) trying to figure out mysterious happenings around a cemetery and possible hidden patterns in the deaths over the course of say... a summer. So they would be out of school. Maybe even eventually capture one of the little brown garbed creatures with a recent familiar face of a deceased town member. Phantasm has enough material to make at least a season or two out of it.

Yeah, that would be cool.

You've seen Guy Standeven in something since the man was in everything.

I can see it.