The Funhouse : I wish Carnivals still existed

I wish Carnivals still existed

All we have is exhibitions which contain rides and games that just take your money. Love to see Freak Animals, Frankenstein, Magicians and Girls Girls Girls. Fun for the whole family ;)

Chaos Alex

http://www.chaostheoryband.com/

Re: I wish Carnivals still existed

We have one every year in my town. And my state has a huge one too.

“I’m here to kick ass and chew gum, and I’m all out of bubblegum.”

Don't exactly remember freak animals, only game stands, rides and magic shows

We used to have a mall down the street from my house and there were multiple carnivals in the parking lot every year when I was a kid. Now the mall has been knocked down and there are multiple new stores there and the carnivals are no more. The kids around here nowadays really missed out :(

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Carnivals/Fairs are not allowed to have human "freaks" anymore. It's against the law.

It was still happening in the 90's. Now this is sort of dead. I don't know if for good or bad. There can be some horror found in cheesenes.

Guess there really are people who act worse than 12 year olds.

Actually it's not. At least in my state. The laws are probably different from state-to-state. But my recent state fair definitely had some of the "freak" exhibits, including a woman they claimed to be the smallest in the world. I paid the buck or two to see her. It seemed pretty sad and inhumane, but I guess it was a way for her to make a living. She basically just sat in this chair and stared at everybody as they passed through a line in front of her.

Betcha a dollar you can't find that law.

Also, the 999 Eyes Freakshow is still doing performances.

No it isn't. Not even in the United States of American - land of the unfree.

In case nobody informed you 999 Eyes, they did 4 shows last month (according to their facebook page) in Texas, which is in the United States, in case nobody ever informed you of that either.

I feel like that must have died around the mid 60's as the only "known" traveling carnival is Fiesta Shows, which seems to travel up and down the East Coast in the warmer months.

Today's modern "freak shows" seem have the performers showing off amazing body modifications, skills and stunts while the older ones appeared to be exploiting human misery. Wild West Tech had an episode on this subject, it may be online somewhere.

Post deleted

Post deleted

In my state, it's just lame rodeo carnivals. The rides are expensive and cheaply made, only big enough for kids. No freak shows or anything good like that.
Yup, I sorely miss the classic carnival, especially in October.

"You can't kill the Boogeyman."
- Tommy Doyle

They still have carnivals like the one featured in this film. They may not be as common these days, but they're around still, especially in big cities.

Horror_Metal