Shu Qi : You guys think Shu Qi is really pretty ?

Re: You guys think Shu Qi is really pretty ?

I've seen it. You should check out

Sex ans Zen 2
True Women
Dreaming Naked Show
Fruit Is Swelling

"so it's always the less attractive Asian actresses who have a more successful career in Hollywood."

I don't see this at all. confused.gif Gong Li, while not that successful in America has had way more success in America then Shu Qi, whom you deem average. I really don't get this argument that America somehow rejects actress the Chinese consider beautiful. Asian actresses have about the same chance of getting famous no matter how pretty, ugly, or average they are considered in China. Shu Qi (whom I like and consider beautiful) is really not that famous at all in the US and Ziyi Zhang is far from a household name, so why some of you act like they're consider huge stars or beauty icons in the West, is beyond me.

I think she is "really pretty". It's all subjective, of course.

"I can understand it, but I don't like it none!"Cheyenne.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

i think she is gorgerous in a very unique way. A lot of actresses out there that are considered beautiful but they don't have the look that is as memorable as hers.

Yes I think she is very pretty
She is also incredibly feminine

The whole Chinese people having different opinions on what is beautiful is true, but this does not just go for Chinese people, it goes for everyone. It's how and where you are raised. I think Shu Qi is super cute and yes great body. I am an Asian American woman. In the country my people are from, they think light skin, and thin women are beautiful. Dark skin means you are poor and work out in the sun. Most people think I am pretty here, but when I am over there theb68y see me differently because of my tan and curves. With the guy who gave a list of "beautiful Chinese women who are not famous but should be". most of them are pretty averageTO ME. To that guy they may be the dream girls. Everyone is different. I don't think Zhang Ziyi is that pretty, but that is my opinion. I think Shu Qi looks better. Her cute freckles and everything.

She's pretty to me, but in typical Chinese standards, she wouldn't be considered pretty (I'm Chinese).

Classic example is my brother most *Westerners* wouldn't like the fact that he's chubby, but Asian families like it because it means we have money to feed him (Along the same thinking that if you're darker, you're poorer coz you have to work outdoors, which was already mentioned)

THE place for Underworld:
http://s11.invisionfree.com/Lycan_the_Underworld/
5b4

Shu Qi looks better than all the women in vitaminseva's list, with the exception of Kathy Chow, who IMO, is as pretty as Shu. I'm Asian btw.

Post deleted

It's amazing that you can find these topics on almost every single page for an asian actress who has worked in Hollywood: a post, usualy by another asian woman, who feels the need to point out she doesn't think the actress in question is pretty and/or pretty by asian standards. These posts are pointless and petty. Whether or not you find her attractive, or if by another country's standards she is not considered attractive, does not take away from the fact a great many people obviously do believe she is attractive and have enjoyed her work. It makes me wonder what you hope to accomplish? Are you simply jealous and being petty? Do you honestly think anyone cares if she is considered pretty in Asia or that your claims would deter people from enjoying her beauty?

i'm half korean and female and i think she is very pretty

I'm 100% white bread (Caucasian), and she is 100% pretty. She has a natural beauty look and energy to her. Like many traditional Asian actresses that have tried Western cinema (Transporter), she's never compromised her natural look to fit in.

Just like Ziyi Zhang (Rush Hour 2) and Michelle Yeoh (Tomorrow Never Dies), they managed to hold onto their traditional beauty, and not forced to look Westernized.

_
Through a fractal on that breaking wall,
angry5.gif I see you! cool.gif

Post deleted

Soname a few actresses that would be considered attractive

I'm just curious on the matter, I don't think shu qi is gorgeous, but I don't see her as unattractive either :|

Post deleted

Ew. No.

She's not really pretty. There're tons of prettier girls in HK.
She has beautiful hair though, good to film shampoo ads with.

This is not aimed at anyone in particular, but it amazes me how some of you talk like Shu Qi is so damn famous in the West when she's really not. Only some people know her as that chick from Transporter and maybe from New York I Love You. She's practically unknown in the West. She's way more famous in Asia. So all this whining and conspiracy about why X asian actresses who haven't even been in any western movies should be more famous in the West don't even make sense. Those actress could easily have a chance at outdoing Shu Qi's meager fame in the West if they actually star in some Western movies and if at least one of those movies is a hit.

Well, I'm African-AMERICAN, and I think she's gorgeous. Her full lips, seemingly flawless skin, her ability to project innocence, and her unwavering youthfulness (born in 1976? GTFO), are what I find beautiful.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but it seems like when someone brings up Americans, the term is directed at white Americans, when in truth the term American is comprised of many different people that come from different cultures - some of which originate prior to (or during) the colonization of European settlers when America was founded. In short, American perspectives on beauty are wide and varied, so the OP's argument is not only vapid and petty (as someone mentioned before), it also comes from a very ignorant place where cultural perspectives are concerned.

I actually happen to have parents who were raised in China, moved to Australia in their 30's and had me. I also have lots of friends who came from both Mainland China and HK. From what I know, they think that well, she is not a 'traditional' Chinese beauty, she has the lovely body, skin and hair. However, the reason why she isn't the 'traditional' Chinese beauty is because she is known for her soft core movies and resonates this sexy appeal. She has these lipsoh man

If you want to look at a Chinese girl who is considered by everyone all around the globe to be beautiful, check out YiFei Liu (Liu Yifei) otherwise known a Crystal Liu.

Yep it's true.

Americans and the west are composed of alot more different looking people than the fairly homogenous chinese. (granted they would say otherwise, but only in certain aspects such as a mongols are there any significant differences in looks)

Therefore, western ideals of beauty are more comprehensive and less biased to certain physical features of one group.

Yes, and clearly she is "really pretty" in the view of most people, otherwise, she wouldn't exist, she's no actress.

Have you seen her acting? Ugh

Post deleted

she is super hotso is Wei Zhao, Bing Bing Fan, Wei Tang, Michelle Reis, Cecilia Cheung and Yifei Liu

I'd marry her in a minute!

You know what's more cliche and more annoying than westerners gushing over Asian actresses?
Chinese people saying "oh! Westerners do2000n't know what a beautiful Chinese woman is!"

F'ing ridiculous.

Everything is subjective. And one thing Westerners definitely have going for them over Chinese is that most of them actually realize this. Beauty is and should be in the eye of the beholder. The fact that China has this very uniform checklist of what is and is not considered beautiful, and that apparently everyone knows what's on the checklist (white skin like westerners, double folded eyelids like westerners, long pointed nose like westerners actually it's ironic that they keep saying westerners don't understand Chinese beauty.. the Chinese considered most beautiful by these dorks are the ones who look most Western..) is so incredibly asinine it defies comment or description.

Okay, admittedly, you guys have a point when you call out horny Asianphiles for drooling over Sandra Oh but Lucy Liu is very pretty. So what if Americans who know you always say that you look like her when you don't, get over it. And Ziyi Zhang is freaking gorgeous. If you don't know that you've got your head so far up your ass it's unbelievable.

Qi Shu is also gorgeous. Who freaking cares if her mouth doesn't match the ideal dimensions in Confucius' handbook of Chinese attractivness? Give me a break. Actually her big sexy mouth is one of her strong points. The girls most of you dolts say are perfect look so completely boring their features are all the same, so antiseptic and vanilla. This girl on the other hand has got a little character to her face. That's a good thing. She's hot. She's sexy. Much much MUCH more attractive than that Reis chick who was the first on Vitamin's list. She's barely doable.

Anyway, stop bitching about this you all sound like such a bunch of pinheads. To each his own. And how about this deal? As soon as you get your women to stop telling me and my ugly American friends how gorgeous we are every time we go to China and how we look like Brad Pitt or George Clooney or whatever (we don't, but they all say it).. and how they want to have our babies so they will be tall and white and have long noses and folded eyelids well as soon as you get that to happen then we westerners will send out a memo instructing all white men to stop complimenting Sandra Oh. Deal? haha. The exotic thing goes both ways.

Post deleted

Right which is why Chinese people think she's ugly. You didn't read my post, did you?

Post deleted

Post deleted

haha. You're *beep* retarded. I don't even believe race exists. I'm also a genius. Passed the mensa entrance exam easily. No history of mental illness. How old are you? 13? Your choice of words suggest you have not finished high school. Your reading comprehension and the fact that you didn't seem to understand one single thing I said suggests you might be even younger than that. Anyway, piss off. I have no interest in hearing from complete morons who can't read.

Post deleted

First of all, Chinese is a nationality not a race. Se111ccond, everything I said is entirely accurate. Yes, I know exactly how racist what I said was, which is not at all. I've been to China, I don't care what you doubt, I doubt that you've finished 4th grade. I am a genius, according to any test I've ever taken. You're a *beep* idiot, but that's not my fault.

Post deleted

I'm not even "White," you stupid twat. Yet you are retarded enough to think that I am a "white supremacist." My god people are so frickin' retarded sometimes I wonder how civilization has lasted even this long good luck trying to learn how to read $hitforbrains I'll respond to people who have something intelligent to say about my insightful comments.

Post deleted

you're a f'ing moron. 2000I can't help you. I am not White because I recognize that race does not exist. My most distant ancestors were from Ethiopia, more recently they lived in Northern India, Europe, and North America including indigenous peoples of each area. I was referring to light-skin. Lots of people in Asia, for reasons that I don't agree with which you would have picked up if you weren't f'ing retarded, prize light or white skin. They spend tons of money on skin-bleaching creams and so on which I think is awful, because I'm not a racist f'ing retard like you.
So yes, I'm not "White." "White" is a race only according to idiot racists anyway. Though you think "Chinese" is a race so those people are actually a step above you.
Piss off, you STUPID racist moron. Stop wasting time online harassing people with 50% more digits in their IQ scores than you've got and go enroll in basic English courses so you can learn how to read and comprehend simple sentences. Dumbass.

Post deleted

If I'm not worth your time then why are you spending so much of it making yourself look like a complete idiot by responding to me and showing over and over again that you were too f'ing braindead to understand my point? I've never identified myself as "White." Races do not exist. Continents exist (Asia is a continent). Countries exist (China is a country). Colors exist (white is a color). I'm really sorry that you are so incredibly retarded that you don't understand these things, but that's really not my fault so if your time is so valuable why don't you piss off as I suggested and go back to playing with your tinker toys or drooling on yourself or whatever it is you do when you're not ranting about nonsense online and sparring with people much more intelligent than yourself.

Post deleted

I bet if "kaleidoscope14" and "ryan-nay-192-707382" were in the same room together, this argument would NEVER happen.

I bet if you were having a face-to-face conversation, the communication would be a Lot smoother, a lot more respectful, and a lot less misconceptions would be happening.

I bet if you actually had to look each other in the eye, you'd realize you agree on a Whole Lot More than you disagree on.

And then buy each other a beer, and go "woot woot woot!" about women you Both think are hot.

Don't know either of you, but. . .yeah. I'm just sayin'. giveup.gif

"Personally I hope they make all the gods black and change it from Valhalla to Valholla!"

Re: You guys think Shu Q
b68
i is really pretty ?

Actually race does exist: it is objectively observable. It is rac_ism_ that is the "social construct".

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you've got it backwards. Racism does very much exist. "Race" on the other hand does not. Not in a scientific sense, anyway, and so there is nothing objective about it. Both race and racism are social constructs, the difference is that racism, as it is popularly understood, is not believed to be anything else.

Assuming, arguendo, that you are Caucasian, if you look at a person of the Mongolian or Negroid race, you will see objective differences between you and they. That is race; and because an objective fact is not a social construction.

Rac_ism_ is the social construction.

Both race and racism exist; the former is objective, the latter is subjective/social construction.

It's clear you really have no clue what you're talking about, so we're not going to get anywhere having a discussion on the subject. I would encourage you to read more about it if you are interested. Thanks. Bye.

I've been a civil rights activist for over fifty years. Yes, child, I know what I'm talking about.

What I am not is a follower who swallows the latest convenient fad by means of which to deny, avoid, and ignore one's racism.

111c

No, it looks like a deranged duck with Down's Syndrome and that horrible nasal whiny noise it makes when it tries to communicate. Eeeuuck.

Post deleted

I don't give a damn what all of China thinks; I think she is beautiful. Her lips are lovely. They make her look even more unique. If China doesn't want her, we'll take her in America.