Red Dawn : Robert's character change

Robert's character change

I have always enjoyed this film since i was a kid. One thing that i found the most interesting was Robert's progression as the film went on. In the beginning he seems like a good innocent kid who is obviously scared of the situation that is occuring. However the second he hears that his father and possibly mother had died its almost like a switch goes off and all the characteristics he had vanish. he basically becomes like a killing machine without remorse or emotion. Now many of the characters change because of having to kill but Robert is the most chilling. Obviously the biggest scene is his execution of Daryl. Yes Daryl was wearing a big but he was a friend of Roberts and even comforted him when he found out his father died. The way Robert kills him without remorse or feeling is pretty crazy

Re: Robert's character change

He wore a big?

Damn.

I meant "bug". I have a broken hand so its tough to type

He was a cool character. C Thomas Howell did a great job. He was the one wolverine who let his hatred for commies consume him and thus is took his humanity, hence why he didn't even flinch when he executed Daryl (who he grew up with probably).

Acting like you some one-man GPS

He also drank the "spirit" of the deer. Charlie Sheen says something like he'll never be the same again.

-Di

Good point, well spotted. The dear's blood and his dad's killing were just a lethal force inside him. The commie's were gonna pay after that.

Death by stereo

His hate kept him warm.

I'm sure that after WWII, the good citizens of Greenville, TX were absolutely shocked at the transformation of that little mild-mannered friendly kid, Audie Murphy