Red Dawn : Most unintentionally hilarious scene?

Re: Most unintentionally hilarious scene?

"Avenge me!" and the part where he screams "WOLVERIIIIINES!" make me laugh for some reason. It's definitely the way the lines were delivered.

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."

My favorites:

"It is part of the Geneva convention"
Swayze: "I NEVER HEARD OF IT!"

Swayze's snot bubble

"All that fears gonna burn you up kid"
"Keeps me warm at night"

Something like - "there was 5 of them, I got 4"

No help from Harold

@ s_pound

When the boys sneak back into town and go into the drug store, the clerk says discreetly "they're looking for you", to Jed.

Jed responds, "who?"

Gee, I wonder Jed. Maybe it's the Denver Broncos looking for good strong safety or maybe, just possibly, remotely, it's the commies who have dropped in and laid waste to your entire realm of existence.

....but I could be wrong

Hilarious...literally had me in tears reading that.

When they show the "I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands" bumper sticker, the camera pans and you can see a Russian soldier doing just that.

When one of the Wolverines shoots the gunship with an RPG and proceeds to just stand there like a jackass shooting his AK while screaming "WOLVERIIIIINES!" instead of taking cover or doing just about anything to survive.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Without question, the funniest scene in the movie is when the civilians standing in front of the firing squad start singing "America the Beautiful" terribly and then get mowed down. It's like the most hardcore episode of American Idol ever.

the bumper sticker on the truck that said "the only way i'll give up my gun is if you pry it from my cold dead hands" and the cuban soldier steps on the dead guy's hand and pulls away the .45.

When C. Thomas Howell just stands there and tries to go toe-to-toe with a helicopter.

For my latest movie reviews and news:http://www.hesaidshesaidreviewsite.com/

Wow, way too many to choose. The whole film is unintentionally hilarious. I'd even go so far as to say it's the best example of unintentional hilarity ever put to film.

What are words for when no one listens anymore

I'm watching it right now and thought that part was funny and this was my 100 time watching it. It wasn't just flank, it was half the words he used when explaining the plan as a few others step in asking what this or that was.

when jed breaks down and can't shoot daryl, then robert walks up stone faced and mows him down

not just how bad the singing was by the group of people who got mowed down by the tank firing squad (who uses a tank firing squad?), but the fact that they sung in such a high key. why didn't they sing it an octave lower?

the look, or lack thereof, on the face of the dude in the jet when tanner drops the grenade in. he doesn't look panicked or fearful at all, he just sits there.

how one of the first places the russians would target would be a podunk colorado town. then, how the paratroopers, who wouldn't know how long it be before they'd be resupplied, as they were about 1000 miles inland, start unloading every bullet and RPG they have into school windows, unoccupied school busses, and unarmed teenagers

O that is a simple one...

Final battle when one of the Wolverines fires off an RPG with an unsuspecting commie coming around and getting blasted by the back blast of said RPG

Someone should have contacted The Guiness Book Of World Records about the late Patrick Swayze's snot bubble. Was that in the script? Swayze was very competitive. I am sure if the script required a snot bubble he wanted to make it as big as possible. Does anyone know the diameter of that thing? If the commies got a good look at it they all would have turned around and ran home.

When the Russian officer gets shot in the back with an arrow, screams for a couple of seconds and then just gets up and runs off screen.

These were not scenes but they make it next to impossible for me to take this film seriously. The guy who wrote and directed this was the real life inspiration for Walter Sobchak from The Big Lewbowski. So pretty much all the tough guy lines I can't hear with out hearing "Shut the F#ck up Donny!"
I later realized Colonel Bella was Priest in Super Fly.

I don't know if I'd call this hilarious, but when Powers Boothe says "Shoot straight for once, you Army pukes" as he's dying, I cringe every time. That has to be one of the worst lines in movie history. And Harry Dean Stanton's "AVENGE MEEEE!!!" ranks right up there with "Ride, Postman! RIDE!" from The Postman (of course). Another cringe-inducing scene if there ever was one.

Swayze can't find the pockets on his coat.

People waking up with their throat cut

I have twin boys, Pete and Repete

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

My favorites:

- The Russian soldier in the bucket truck who notices one of the kids pointing a gun at him. Rather than going for his weapon or taking cover, he merely points out "sniper!" kind of like how a child would point out "look a blue car!".

- William Smith gets pounced on by Swayze from behind who says "you lose." Well, obviously not as he still manages to spin around and fire a fatal volley anyway.

- "As class president of Calumet High, I vote we surrender". Hahaha, as though his office within his class gives him any authority or jurisdiction at all in the world?

- "Sprechen sie Deutsche?" "Who cares, you don't!" Like what was she hoping to accomplish. It later turns out that the Russian hostage speaks English just fine so expecting him to going to any lengths to communicate are just futile.

- General Bratchenko and the expression on his face right before getting blown up. I love Vladek Sheybal, and in this especially he's such a mustache-twirling villain.

- The history teacher thinking he can reason with a bunch of obvious Russian paratroopers who just landed.

- The Russians finding time in their hostile takeover to shoot up a history class, a muscle car, and to even fire an RPG into a high school for no clear reason other than out of sheer evil.

Those aren't Russians in the beginning. They're the initial Latino invasion force. Cubans, Mexicans and N icaraguans I believe. They all speak Spanish at first. The Russians dont show up till later.

Damn, you people in this thread have pointed out all the most awesome scenes in the movie! People saying the "you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands" bit was unintentionally funny? it's called dark humor/irony, it's kind of the point.

Acting like you some one-man GPS