Black Mirror : White Christmas is a stupid, terrible episode

Re: White Christmas is a stupid, terrible episode

Black Mirror is a sci fi show supposed to make us think about the role of technology in our lives, so why is it that when you think about the ideas put forth in this episode for more than 10 seconds it completely falls apart? I know what they're trying to convey, i just think it's done poorly. I was trying to explain how the blocking mechanic just wouldn't realistically work. blocking someone on the internet works because you mostly communicate with complete strangers you'll probably never talk to again or meet in real life. we live in a society that can only function thanks to our ability to communicate. we all deal with uncomfortable situations every day but we have to learn to deal with it. when you remove that necessity the foundation of society crumbles. Black Mirror is supposed to be a high concept sci fi show that explores how technology and social media effects us, but too often does it rely on shock value over thought.

Re: White Christmas is a stupid, terrible episode

This system could so easily be abused it wouldn't possibly work in any real life scenario. People would isolate themselves completely, students would block their teachers and parents, criminals would block police officers. Nothing of the sort is addressed.

but we don't know how the block works.
The only thing we know are the block is hereditary and criminals are blocked of everyone.
As far we know maybe you can't block police officers and kids/teenagers don't have this feature yet...