Black Mirror : White Bear - towards the end, did anyone else initially think...

White Bear - towards the end, did anyone else initially think...

...that she was going to be burned alive? I thought when they were parading her through the street in that glass case, they would stop and somehow burn or boil her alive, as you could see some steam in there. Obviously that would be a horrifying end, but it ends up that she is going to go through the same harrowing day over and over.

I've noticed that in many episodes, after the initial twist is revealed, it seems the episode will end a certain way, one that is more predictable, but it ends differently instead. For example, instead of Martha pressuring android Ash to jump to his "death" from the cliffside, he ends up living with them in the attic.

Re: White Bear - towards the end, did anyone else initially think...

I would have been fine with that if it put an earlier stop to that highly annoying, incessant screaming.

I just finished this episode 5 minutes ago...omfg the screaming was driving me mad! I wanted her to be slapped and told to shut the hell up.

Yeah, they overdid the annoyingness of that character. You can't root for a 'protagonist' like that. At least in the christmas episode, 'Don Draper' just muted the screamer as if sympathizing with the viewer, tongue in cheek.

I was actually hoping they were going to put her in a sleeping bag and burn her. Making a full circle. I wonder how long they kept her cycle of punishment going.

I thought the same thing.

Right when she got into the back of the van I figured it was a burning chamber.

It's the same with Martha and Ash, I never expected her to keep him around like that. Martha killing him, herself or both seemed more plausible to me.