Black Mirror : Exit Music for a Film???

Exit Music for a Film???

I went into shock when they played this. It's my favorite song by my favorite band, and it isn't popular by any means. That was the second episode I watched of Black Mirror, and I am undoubtedly hooked now.

Re: Exit Music for a Film???

I was really glad to hear it as well, it really suited the episode.

Well it may not be a super commercially popular song but radiohead are huge, and very popular and renowned and recognizable. Also seeing as exit music for a film was written FOR use in a film as the closing song, (hence the title), it's really not that shocking and more just a great and well-suited re-use of the track in it's elemement, as that's what it was meant for. Sort of homagey even? Definitely awesome that they used it as the closing song.

Well it may not be a super commercially popular song but radiohead are huge, and very popular and renowned and recognizable. Also seeing as exit music (for a film) was written FOR use in a film as the closing song, (hence the title), it's really not that shocking and more just a great and well-suited re-use of the track in it's elemement, as that's what it was meant for. Sort of homagey even? Definitely awesome that they used it as the closing song.

Perhaps some of you have a bit more experience, but in the United States Radiohead isn't a giant band (at least among my circles). They're only known by people who have a decent knowledge of music. I'd say maybe one/two out of every ten people I meet knows who they are. They are extremely well-appreciated by everyone who does know them. Adding to the shock was mostly that they've been my favorite band for years and that my favorite song, and thus the sheer probability and excitement of hearing my favorite song come over a tv episode really made me happy.

Dude, Radiohead is one of the biggest band in the world. They broke America a long time ago. They headline festivals over there, ffs. So stop acting like only you know them

I've always known of the song but never really cared for it much but after hearing it on 3 of my favorite shows it's definitely become more of a favorite of mine. Actually, since watching that Black Mirror Episode I've listened to it at least once a day.

You've heard it on three of your favorite shows? Which others? When I was first getting into Radiohead I liked it about average out of OK Computer's songs but it turned into my favorite after awhile.

Oh yeah. It may have been used on other shows I like, but the 3 shows I remember most using "Exit Music" are:

1. Black Mirror (303 "Shut Up and Dance")
2. Person of Interest (323 "Deus Ex Machina")
3. The 100 (113 "We Are Grounders - Part II")

I may have to check these out. Thanks

If you've never seen it you should definitely give 'Person of Interest' a try. The whole series (5 Seasons) is on Netflix (at least in the U.S.) they use music so well on that show and it's a great show in general.

Two of my favorite musical moments on POI are
Episode 310 "The Devil's Share" opens beautifully with Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt"
Episode 422 "YHWH" closes with Pink Floyd's "Welcome to the Machine"

"Welcome to the Machine" is great and I love "Hurt." You definitely did a good job of selling it, and I'll be watching it soon enough.

It was also used in an episode of father ted lol

Are you kidding? Radiohead are one of the uk's biggest bands and are extremely popular. It's also on one of their most famous albums

It's definitely their most famous album, and my comment above touches on why I don't believe they're popular among people I meet. I'm glad others seem to think they are though; they definitely deserve many listeners

I'd go and meet some new people lol. They're even in popular movies like twilight.
One of the best radiohead songs used in a tv series is my mad fat diary. If you haven't seen it I'd really recommend it especially if you're into 90's music.

Maybe I'm an anomaly lol. Hm, I'll have to check that out.

i live in the united states and i think most people have heard of radiohead, but the only song they know is 'creep.'
'exit music' is a deeply personal and sad song for me. i was delighted when they included it in the episode, which is my new favourite from black mirror.

Precisely my point. I still would not say most people I know know Creep, but much more do and anyone who lived through the mid-90s at an older age certainly do. I certainly have not found many people who have, for example, listened to all of OK Computer, Kid A, etc

Best use of that whiny crap was in the final episode of "Father Ted".

I actually can't believe Charlie Brooker used it after this and was serious about it.

Radiohead headlined major festivals across the US and the world this last summer. They played 15 Steps on the Grammys a few years ago. They are massive. Just maybe not in the circles you walk in? Good for you for having your own taste!

Watch Person of Interest. It's also featured in that show.

-
DEAR MODS: PLZ REDUCE MY POSTING QUOTA. 30 MIN IS WAY TOO MUCH.

Westworld also ended with the same song. That should be the last time it's used.

westworld also used No Surprises and Fake Plastic Trees.

sometimes i feel like my music library is just full of movie and tv show sound scores.

umm.. how bout the ending of romeo + juliet... ?