Black Mirror : Movies like Black Mirror

Movies like Black Mirror

I made a list of films that have plots similar to episodes from Black Mirror, I'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions for titles I'm missing;

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls066104597/

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

Re: Movies like Black Mirror

I'll add it. Thank you

Gattaca?

Halloween 3: Season of the Witch

Thank you for that title. One of the worst movies ever made. Gave me a good laugh.

Et lux perpetua luceat eis

Would Fifth Element possibly be one?

I don't think so, it is sci-fi, but that's the end of the similarities. I think Black Mirror is much more serious, thought provoking and relatable, whereas The Fifth Element is a much simpler movie.

I'd definitely suggest Brazil to the list. It's funny and pessimistic, it has a satire of technology taking over people's lives...it even has a truck driver character who's only happy because she doesn't try to climb up the social ladder, like on Nosedive.

If you must blink, do it now.

Moon (2009). The Game (1997). The original Total Recall and The Cube (1997). Also Perfect Blue and Ghost In the Shell if you include anime movies.

Clever things make people feel stupid and unexpected things make them feel scared

Post deleted

Absolutely, The Signal!

Darknet is a horror anthology series that I would recommend if you like Black Mirror.

Definatly the fountain with Hugh Jackman!

San junipero is similar to a twilight zone episode from the 80's called "Dreams for Sale"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreams_for_Sale

You can watch it here it's 9 minutes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CeJgK0PTGp4

We are the music makers...we are the dreamer of dreams.Willy Wonka

Price of Life
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oRurZ7TlACc

Short film(20min)good concept,kind similar Fifteen Million Merits. worth watch. there is based on this.

In time
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637688/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_13

Equilibrium!

Coherence is one you might like. Parallel Universes. Very good movie, currently available on Amazon Prime.

Et lux perpetua luceat eis

Ex Machina!

Maybe Triangle (2009)

I don't know that it even makes sense. I applaud the effort, but given people tend to (only slightly - admittedly) over exaggerate the role technology plays in episodes of Black Mirror - and its distinctive tone - trying to find movies that feel similar to Black Mirror that also fit that presumed technological theme, seems like a foolhardy endeavor. Due to its morbid social commentary, and nature as an anthology program, comparisons to Twilight Zone have felt more apt to me than any movie I can think of.

If someone asked me what movie I've watched that, off the top of my head, felt most like an episode of Black Mirror I'd have to say "Whiplash" which is pretty far from being about a forthcoming technological dystopia.

To look at the list you've compiled, you could probably put any science fiction movie in existence up there that isn't Transformers, or something similarly ridiculous. You've got Chappie and Total Recall, Dark City and Limitless. Why not district 9? Why not "War of the Worlds?" for that matter (All of them.) What's the difference?

But like I said, I applaud the effort. I will say the mere existence of episodes "Shut Up and Dance" and "White Bear" make "A Clockwork Orange" seem like a particularly glaring omission. You should also add "In Time." Justin Timberlake movie. To say that the premise (at least) feels tailor made for Black Mirror is an understatement, it's almost too bad it wasn't, considering how many more people would appreciate it - as an idea, if it had been. (Just noticed it was mentioned above. Guess it's obvious)

--
There's no such thing as the establishment. Everyone knows that!

I agree.

Films like Phoenix, The Skin I Live In, Eyes Without a Face, even Perfume: Story of a Murderer would probably suit the list.

They even used Rossini's La gazza ladra's overture on White Christmas. Which is one of the most prominent melodies played in A Clockwork Orange.

Donnie Darko is fantastic...not on your list.

Hard candy
Wild tales

You should also add Uncanny (2015).

Just realized that, on premise alone, The Truman Show is also missing.

--
There's no such thing as the establishment. Everyone knows that!

If I was to pick movies based on similar elements to a particular episode, in this instance, 'White Bear', I'd say:

Shutter Island
The Running Man
Series 7: The Contenders
A Clockwork Orange

The Island. The beginning of "15 Million Merits" reminded me of it.