Screenwriters : Books on Screenwriting

Books on Screenwriting

Can someone recommend me some good books on screenwriting?

Re: Books on Screenwriting

I can highly recommend Real Screenwriting, by Ron Suppa. It's a good overview of the art, craft and business of writing movies.

I also recommend The Screenwriter's Bible, by David Trottier. If you want to know about formatting, this is a must-have.

For inspiration and a good look into the life of working screenwriters, I recommend 101 Habits of Highly Successful Screenwriters, by Karl Iglesias.

If I may self-promote a bit...

I also would like to suggest my book, Q & A: The Working Screenwriter - An In-the-Trenches Perspective of Writing Movies in Today's Film Industry. (Available online wherever books are sold, i.e. Amazon, B&N, etc. You can also find it at select B&N stores here in Los Angeles.)

Site: TheWorkingScreenwriter.com
Blog: theworkingscreenwriter.blogspot.com/

"How to write a screenplay in 21 days" Viki King

I think any of the books on the subject talk about the main points you need to know.

Writing For Emotional Impact (Kevin Iglesias)
Action Screenwriting (William Martell)

Easy reading is damn hard writing (Hawthorne)

i have read 'Screenplay" by Syd Field, and that's all so far. what are people's opinions on that one? are there better ones that i should look at?

'Screenplay' is a good book, but its not as educational as the screenwriter's problem solver, also by syd field. This book is not only a problem solver, but it starts off as a guide for beginners, telling you EXACTLY what you need to do to write a script, and if you wish, sell it. There is also an elaborate troubleshooter section. This book helped me a lot, highly recommended.

THE GREATEST TRICK THE DEVIL EVER PULLED, WAS CONVINCING THE WORLD HE DIDN'T EXIST

It's Robert "Mckee"

I think the best book written is INSIDE STORY: The power of the transformational arc by Dara Marks

INSIDE STORY: The power of the transformational arc by Dara Marks

I just got this book and so far it's very good.

Save the cat is another good read as well

~
You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that youÂ’ve created- Adama

STORY by Robert McGee, and HOW TO MAKE A GOOD STORY GREAT. good luck