Screenwriters : Tomb Raider script

Tomb Raider script

I have wrote a screeplay for a possible third Lara Croft Tomb Raider movie. I am a new writer and I don't have an agent. I have some addresses from production companies and actors agents. Can I send my script to them? How can I make sure it will be read? I promise it is very good.

Or else... Can someone give me Angelina Jolie's address to send it and make it possible for her to read it? I know she will love it.

Thank you!

Re: Tomb Raider script

Really? Writing a script is for something that someone else OWNS is not the wisest investment of your time. There is only ONE person in the world you can sell it to. One strike, you're out. You have no leverage. And you're competing with the best, most experienced screenwriters in Hollywood which is who they go to when they need a script for a franchise.

Oh well, you're new. Best case, you win the lottery and they worst case you MIGHT have a good writing sample as a calling card.

For all intents and purposes, Paramount owns it and Lawrence Gordon.

You need to sell the producer Lawrence Gordon Productions, he sells Paramount.
Otherwise, you're done. He's the man, who says yes or no.
They will probably send it back saying they didn't read it, because they don't want you suing them when the next one comes out, but someone will have read it, and if its really great, they will call you. That's how it works.

P.S. If you can't get a deal, try changing the name to something that YOU own. Then you can sell it to anyone in the world.

Lawrence Gordon Productions
Santa Monica, CA:
3000 W Olympic Blvd
Bldg 5, Rm 2121
Santa Monica, CA 90404
USA
Phn: +1 310 264 4200
Fax: +1 310 264 4222

Good luck,

BH

Thank you for your reply.
Paramount lost the rights to Tomb Raider in 2007. They had a 10 year deal. Gordon was just the guy who gave the money. He didn't own the franchise.

Warner Bros owned the rights to a Tomb Raider movie from 2008 because they bought 21% of Eidos Ineractive the company that made the video game. Dan Lin was supposed to produce but because Warner sold their share (And Eidos was sold altogether) to Ubisoft a Japanese VG company.

The thing is how can I make sure someone will read it? It is very very good honestly. It is not something I just wrote for fun. I have been working for some years now on it.

Again. Thank you. Sotos

Are you a member of the Writer's guild of America? You will be taken much more seriously if you are, otherwise you will be put in the slush pile! There is nothing wrong with writing a spec to someone elses' story. You need to make sure it is appealing to them. It would be awesome if you could break it up and make into a series! That would be very appealing and new to the Tomb Raider franchise. The best thing you can do is call an agency and send them a sample of your writing and ask them to contact the owners and you could line up a production company that has interest as well.

Hi
I am in a vicious circle unfortunatelly. I am not in WGA because I'm from EU and I can't become a member of the WGA or the EU one unless I've sold a script.
It has potential of becoming a trilogy but stands alone too.And that is what I am trying to do. I am trying to write a nice latter about my work and explain them my situation. There have been other before who sold spec scripts on already copywritten material. I remember in 2005 -or 2007- Some guys sold a Wonder Woman script to Warner while Joss Whedon was working for Warner on a script.
Thank you for taking time to reply!
Be Great