A Chorus Line : And

And

Ok, so, I looked up an A Chorus Line libretto, and I found something that only had all the lyrics, and it said there was this song "And." And I have the OCR and it doesn't have "And" and I've never seen the movie, but I looked up the soundtrack for the movie and it didn't have "And" listed, and I was wondering.... where the hell did that song come from? Is it gonna be in the revival? I'm confused. I'll post the lyrics for it, and if someone could tell me where this song came form, I'd very much appreciate it.

LYRICS:

RICHIE
And What if I’m next?
What if I’m next?
What am I gonna do
I haven't got a clue
I gotta think of something
What does he want
What does he want
Stories from the past
I better find one fast

DON, MAGGIE, GREG, BEBE, RICHIE, VAL, PAUL
What should I say What can I tell him

BOBBY
As I got older I kept getting stranger and stranger,
I used to go down to this Busy intersection near my house
rush hour and direct traffic. I just wanted To see if
anybody'd notice me. That's when I started breaking people's
houses -- oh, I didn't steal anything --just re-arrange
their furniture. And

VAL
And Orphan at three
Orphan at three
Mother and dad both gone
Raised by a sweet ex-con
Tied up and raped at seven
Seriously Seriously
Nothing too obscene
I'd better keep it clean

DON, CONNIE, MIKE, SHEILA, RICHIE, VAL, DIANA
What should I say? What can I tell him?

BOBBY
You wanna hear about school? I went to P.S. *beep* See,
I was the kind of kid that was always getting slammed
into lockers and stuff like that. Not only by students --
by the teachers too. Oh and I hated sports, hated sports.
And sports were very big. I mean, it was jock city, but
I didn't make one team. See I couldn't catch a ball if it
had elmer's glue on it. And didn't my father have to be
this big ex-football hero, he was so humiliated, he didn't
know what to tell his friends. So he told 'em all I had
polio. On father's day I'd to limp for him, and

JUDY
And God, I’m a wreck
God, I’m a wreck
I don't know where to start
I'm gonna fall apart
Where are my childhood memories?
Who were the boys
What were my toys
Gone beyond recall!
And why am I so tall
What should I say

VAL, RICHIE, MAGGIE, CONNIE, JUDY, DIANA
What can I tell him?

JUDY
And

CONNIE
And

RICHIE
And

VAL
And

BOBBY
(out of pantomime)
And mother kept saying: "If you don't stop burning brother's
toys, we're going to have to send you away." And I was always
thinking up these spectacular ways how to kill myself. But then
I realized -- to commit suicide in buffalo is redundant!

The more he bleeds, the more her lives
He never forgets and he never forgives

Re: And

It wasn't recorded on the original broadway recording, but i think it still was in the show. and the song will be in the revival and it will be on the revival recording.

It's a song that's interlaced w/ Bobby's Monologue when he talks about his childhood.

They couldn't record it cause not many people wanna listen to a bunch of talking (plus its not that substantial lol.)

That's weird. All the Bobby stuff I recognize and remember him singing the movie (though it's not on the OBC recording and neither is the whoel First Time song that Richie sings I'm prettys sure, but he does sing "Gimme the Ball" in the OBC version.) But the rest of that people's lyrics I don't recall at all from anything.

Someone to sit in my chair, make me aware of BEING ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to burst anybodys bubble. But i have just checked the track listing for the revival recording on amazon. "AND" has still not been included.

Word is you can only get AND if you buy the cd from Rhapsody.

AND was in the original and is in the revival.

It wasn't recorded in the original because there was not enough room for it, and it is a minor song. You might also notice that not all of the Montage sequences are on the cd, because there was also no room for those.

They recorded it for the REVIVAL but did not put it on the disc, you can only get it if you buy the full disc from RHAPSODY.

How could they not have room for it on the CD? That doesn't make much sense to me seeing as there's only 11 songs on that recording and I have many more CDs with at least twice that many. Also, I noticed more Montage stuff on my OCR than in the movie (though it's possible I'm mistaken, I haven't seem the movie for about a month and my memory's not the best) and that little bit of AND wouldn't really take up that much space on the CD.

Someone to sit in my chair, make me aware of BEING ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

The montage (Apart from a few lines of "hello 12", The song "nothing" and a little of the dialogue) is completly cut from the film.

How could they not have room for it on the CD? That doesn't make much sense to me seeing as there's only 11 songs on that recording and I have many more CDs with at least twice that many. Also, I noticed more Montage stuff on my OCR than in the movie (though it's possible I'm mistaken, I haven't seem the movie for about a month and my memory's not the best) and that little bit of AND wouldn't really take up that much space on the CD.

The OCR was recorded in 1975 (before CD existed) they did not have room for everything on an LP. The CD is not a question of not enough room so much as it being pure logic that you can not include recordings on a CD that don't exist in the first place.

They just left it off the cast album ( remeber how they cut "Hello, Twelve..." to pieces? "And..." was so infused with dialogue that Goddard Lieberson probably felt that it wouldn't have been worth putting on the album

"I love corn!"

The thing is that musicals can often be fluid things. Songs can be left out in one production, added back into another, some get changed completely to other new songs when a musical goes to film.

A friend of mine who did A Chorus Line in high school said a lot of it got cut to pieces simply because it was highschoolers playing the roles. They did have access to the whole of the music and some of them were pretty pissed at what they were not allowed to do.