Back to the Future : Was Biff involved at the dance in the original 1955?

Was Biff involved at the dance in the original 1955?

A poster on the Part III board brought up a depressing (but possible) theory that in the original timeline, Biff might've raped Lorraine anyway at the dance, or even continued to do so (that smug "Say hi to your mom for me!" to Marty), and it could've even been why she was depressed and alcoholic. Especially if George was a spineless wimp who never stood up to Biff and even kept doing his reports for him.

Even forgetting all that though, sure Biff didn't crash his car in manure originally, but he still always wanted to be with Lorraine. Do you think he even showed up that night bugging them? Most likely, Lorraine fell for with George more out of pity than actual love, and it just got worse as the years passed. Maybe she felt like she needed to look out for him even?

It's also quite sad tbh in Part 1, when they're at the dinner table and she's telling the story of how they met, she goes "That's when I knew...I was in love with him" you can tell how she looks so sad and is kinda lying to herself (then George starts that goofy laugh at the TV and isn't even paying attention to her).

Re: Was Biff involved at the dance in the original 1955?

Nah I think originally George probably spent more time over the Baine's house than Marty certainly did trying to get away as soon as he could after dinner. And they maybe spent time together after school so incidents like running into McFly at the dinner never happened cause Lorraine wasn't there with her friends either. Without his car wrecked, Biff maybe made other plans to go do something with his friends that weekend, he maybe only seemed interested in going this time was to possibly disrupt things for 'Calvin'. He probably never even knew who or if Lorraine was going to the dance with the first time, and even if Biff did go to the dance with his friends (to be disruptive/spike punch etc) , it's likely that George and Lorraine arrived and entered the party with no conflict and stayed there the whole time.

^Very true, and I'd rather think it happened your way. :) George probably hung around the Baines' house pretty much that whole week, except when he and Lorraine were at school. She probably worked on him, maybe trying to get him to come out of his shell...and I'm sure she had to initiate asking him to go to the dance with her.

I'd like to think Biff was busy with the gang doing something else that night too.

George had , after all , certainly spent a lot of time outside the Baines house up in the trees going back who knows how long.

I assume Biff went to the dance, but he seems to have played no role in George and Elaine staying together.

I assume Biff went to the dance, but he seems to have played no role in George and Elaine staying together.

That's what we call a Seinfeldian Slip