Moonlighting : Should I bother to watch the last two season?

Should I bother to watch the last two season?

Okay, spoilers ahead. I'm just finishing up with season 3 and I know how it goes since I taped the show when it was originally on. Yes, I'm that old. Anyway, I don't remember much liking anything after the finale of Season 3. Still, I can't believe there's nothing worth watching there. They didn't fire all the writers after season 3 did they? Cause in my memory the show took a steep dive after...you know.

Re: Should I bother to watch the last two season?

Only watch ep 1 season 4, with Ray Charles and Raeletts in Dave's living room and Dr. Joyce Brothers gives Maddie a shattering visit.

The next episode (I think) is quite good too, with Bruce going berserk and crashing Maddie's car, and then the hilarious Claymation sequence...

After that, you can skip pretty much the 2/3 of season 4. It only gets better when Maddie returns (that would be in Track Of My Tears).

Remember the King!

Re: Should I bother to watch the last two season? semi-spoilers

Well, I broke down and bought Seasons 4 and 5. Seems to me the first half of Season 4 sucks, but the last half of Season 4 (after Maddie returns) is awesome. I should make one exception, the first episode or two of Season 4 is pretty good. But then it goes into a long lull, where it becomes like a bad soap opera. But then, quite unexpectedly, it comes roaring back. I love how Season 4 ends. Season 5 starts out great, but then about half way through kind of bogs down. The ending is sad, though typical of the show. Maybe shows never end well when they are canceled, but Moonlighting was especially sad because with their format they didn't try to hide it, they came right out and said it. Anyway, I'm glad I bought and watched the final 2 seasons, lots of good stuff here, unfortunately there's some bad stuff too. But all in all, very much worth it.

Do it anyway> Despite the setbacks, it's the small flecks of what it was that are worth it.

Love as much as you breathe

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I have reached a point where not only do I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the last two seasons but as far as I'm concerned if I want to enjoy the "Moonlighting" episodes I loved that made it my favorite series when it was on, I will henceforth regard "It's A Wonderful Job" as the true last episode of the series for me and not bother with the rest of S3. Besides when you get down to it, the final tag shot of "It's A Wonderful Job" offers a nicer way of thinking how things turned out between Maddie and Dave!

That actually makes a lot of sense ending at 'It's a Wonderful Job'. It's the lat really great episode before everything went downhill and has a nice little ending with Maddie just throwing herself upon David. I was so confused how in the very next episode 'The Straight Poop' they hated each other again. What happened?

Anyway at least ending the series midway through season 3, you don't have to deal with the more depressing stuff in Season 4 or the abrupt and unsatisfactory ending of Season 5.

WINGED FREAK...Terrorizes?....Wait till they get a load of me...

With only 5 episodes of Season 1 and new cast by Season 3, I require watching at least half of Season 4 to give justice to the cast of Season 3, Forget Season 5, It won't add anything to the Great "Emmy-winning" seasons 2,3, and 4. Alice Beasley is still my fav, but Curtis Armstrong was a welcomed addition.