Red Dwarf : How would you end the series?

How would you end the series?

1. They return to Earth to find it now inhabited by the cat race who abandoned Red Dwarf in season 1. They are at war with the resurrected Red Dwarf crew who abandoned ship at the end of season 8 and occupy the moon.

2. Kochanski becomes leader of the humans whilst The Cat becomes leader of Cats. Lister marries her and becomes her house husband, brokering a peace between the 2 factions.

3. Rimmer becomes the leader of the holograms of those humans killed in the war who feel ill-treated by the living humans. Together with Kryten they leave in Red Dwarf to go to Rimmerworld and the Wax museum planet to make up for all of Rimmer's screw-ups over the years.

Re: How would you end the series?

I'd have a clever return to the "out of time" episode from season six (using footage fom the episode) but this time from the perspective of the older versions (they've pretty much caught up to that age now) and it turns out that the whole thing about them dining with the Hitlers etc was just a ruse to get the younger guys to destroy them.

They want them to destroy them because they know it will create a tear in space/time that finally sends them home.

OR...

The exact same kind of thing but with "Future Echoes" and an explanation for Lister's kids.

4. By switching off the DVD player after series 6.

By switching off the DVD player after series 6.

Lister gets hit in the head with a golf ball and wakes up in bed next to the original Kochanski.

Heh.

Girls just wanna have fun...https://youtu.be/dC3MpShH61I

That would be my choice.

"It was all a dream..."
I swear if they cop out and do this as an ending someone's getting killed.

it'll never 'end'

we'll likely get some teaser about lister finding kochanski, from a mayday or some trace of her like a video recording on some planetoid or space ship or even the wreckage of her 'ship' (not sure if she took a starbug or a blue thing).

lister will give a rousing speech and roll credits..

or simply boys from the dwarf do some heroic stuff save the universe and then down a drink as they fly on to the next adventure...

Lister was put into stasis in the first episode of series 1. Lister experiences stasis related hallucinations which are actually Red Dwarf the series. In the final episode, Lister is brought out of stasis when Red Dwarf lands back at Earth and realises everything was one big nightmare.

I'd rage also, but it'd be pretty funny if they actually did this.

How would they explain Lister's ageing?

I don't care about a troll who doesn't pay for his opinion telling me how to review movies.

Flash forward to Red Dwarf XXXVII, the crew dies of old age during filming with the joke being that these guys are so ingrained in the public consciousness as these characters that they'll literally be playing them until the day they die.

Red Dwarf crashes into Earth, destroying half the planet (the original planned ending for Season 8). :)

Lister pulls off the vr helmet and says "what kind of smeggin game was that" and walks out the store he's in.

Lister pulls off the vr helmet and says "what kind of smeggin game was that" and walks out the store he's in.

Again?

So this is permanence, love's shattered pride.
What once was innocence, turned on its side.

I would end the series with all four of them becoming holograms, driving each other crazy for the rest of time as Red Dwarf hurtled ever further into deep space.

"I said no camels, that's five camels, can't you count?"

I'd end it with it being 100 years in the future and a ship from NorWEB shows up looking for their money (it WAS real! Oh, you Holly!) to find Kryten serving the skeletal remains of Lister and the Cat and Rimmer's long defunct light bee. The NorWeb crew tells Kryten that the crew is dead. Kryten looks shocked and says "Again? I have a real blind spot to that."

Music.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.