Field of Dreams : Why can Annie see the players right away?

Why can Annie see the players right away?

This has always perplexed me. She was supportive of Ray the entire movie, but was skeptical and he had to talk her into everything. She was far better than Mark, her mom, or that random chick with the dumb blouse but how could she see the players when she had doubt?

Re: Why can Annie see the players right away?

Because she was open-minded about things like that. Plus she wanted to believe it was possible. She may have had doubts but she definitely wanted Joe to show up. Her mom, brother and I assume sister-in-law didn't want to believe, they just saw it as some stupid field.

My take is that she was having the same/similar dreams to Ray....So whatever force could speak from beyond the grave was able to affect multiple people.

Doesn't perplex me at all. As a child I never realized how crazy Annie is. As a grown woman, I know that she is crazier than Ray. If my husband told me he heard a voice and the voice told him to build a baseball field, I would take him to the psych ward. I ain't got time for that and we have a daughter to raise. No sir. Now, it makes a great story, but that's all it is. Annie did not have enough doubt if you ask me.

I've had that same thought myself. I mean, her husband basically says to her, "Honey, now that we've sunk all our money into this big farm and have a child to raise, I want to destroy a huge portion of our income and build a baseball field so the ghost of my dead father's hero can come play on it." And she goes along with it. That being said, I think the fact that she does is pretty in line with her character throughout the movie. She's idealistic to a fault, a hippie who idolizes the 60s (remember her spirited takedown of that awful woman at the PTA meeting?), and sure, maybe she has more practical concerns now as a mom, but she's still a free spirit at heart.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I wondered why Annie and Karin can see the players but they can't hear the voice but Terrence is able to hear the voice and see the players like Ray.Surely Annie and Karin should hear the voice as well.

I think it was because Annie and Karin didn't have unresolved issues in their lives that the field was meant to resolve, the way that Ray and Terrence did.

Not sure they didn't even explain that in the movie