Field of Dreams : You owe it to yourself to watch this film. Again.

You owe it to yourself to watch this film. Again.

I was 18 when it came out. Decent flick, I thought. I'm 44 now, and having watched it twice this week, I realize it's one great film. As good as any of my favs...The Godfather, Shawshank, Pulp, Gump, etc.

Re: You owe it to yourself to watch this film. Again.

Agreed, great movie (feel good)

Re: You owe it to yourself to watch this film. Again.

I wholeheartedly agree with the both of you. OP, you and I are the same age. I saw this when it first came out as well, and absolutely loved it. I honestly can't say how many times I've seen this movie. I'm watching it right now for the second time in four days? I just never get tired of it.

I could care a less what all of the haters have to say. That's their right, but it's also simply their opinion that I don't agree with. There's something about this movie that some are able to understand or take away more from than other people. There's a much bigger picture and deeper and more profound message to be taken from this.

To me, calling "Field Of Dreams" a baseball movie, is like calling "Shawshank Redemption" simply a prison movie. It's being able to see more than just what's on the level.