Field of Dreams : Be honest. Who else's heart breaks when Shoe-less Joe Jackson says.....

Be honest. Who else's heart breaks when Shoe-less Joe Jackson says.....

"Hey rookie, you were good" to Moonlight Graham after he helps Karen?

Mine did. 10x.

Amazing film.

The *beep* has got to go. Go! The *beep* gots to go! -James Franco

Re: Be honest. Who else's heart breaks when Shoe-less Joe Jackson says..

I'd forgotten that moment until you mentioned it honestly, but it's a wonderful scene, for sure!

Nah mine broke already when Ray says "thank you Doc" and Doc says "no son, thank you." Then Ray releases Doc can't go back and says he's sorry, but Doc just calmly says "it's alright."

Mr. Grady, you were the caretaker here.

You know, I can’t help but think that in that scene Doc Graham’s calm “It’s all right” comes in part from knowing that (while he enjoyed playing baseball and was quite talented) medical school and the life of a doctor were right for him.

You know, I can’t help but think that in that scene Doc Graham’s calm “It’s all right” comes in part from knowing that (while he enjoyed playing baseball and was quite talented) medical school and the life of a doctor were right for him.

Yes definitely. I think playing baseball with the greats was sort of Doc's gift, not really the realization of his dream. When he spoke to Ray while still alive and said that it would have been a shame had he not become a doctor, he knows he already fulfilled his dream.

Mr. Grady, you were the caretaker here.

To this day I still lose it when Ray says "Hey, Dad? Wanna play catch?"

The music in the background is incredible. I am typically not a crier during movies, but this scene gets me every single time.

I came here to say the exact same thing. I just finished watching the movie for the umpteenth time, and that scene brought me to tears - also for the umpteenth time. I'd argue that's one of the greatest endings in movie history, along with Shawshank.

Agreed, it is masterful.

Those are the two movies where it's fully acceptable for a man to cry. Definitely the two most perfect endings ever.

One of several affecting moments created by this classic. All leading to a finale that always has me fighting back the tears.

No Ray, it was you

Brilliant.

You can't palm off a second-rater on me. You gotta remember I was in the pink!

Not mine but i haven't watched the movie in a long time

Yes, that is a culmination of a great scene.

You must be the change you seek in the world. -- Gandhi

I start crying when Moonlight steps off the field and becomes Doc and don't stop until I see 'For our parents' at the end of the credits.

The Long Walk stops every year, just once.