International Cinema : You favorite Chilean movie...

You favorite Chilean movie...

... that isn't NO or GLORIA?

Re: You favorite Chilean movie...

"Machuca" is a great movie about the overthrow of the Allende government from a child's point of view. "Tony Manero" is good too.

I also recommend "Machuca".

"Darkness and cold will enfold my weary soul".

The Jackal of Nahueltoro (1969) is one of the best Chilean films,by Miguel Littin,one of the few Chilean directors with an international reputation.

Also,Tres Tristes Tigres (1968) ,an early comedy by Raoul Ruiz before he went into exile.

The Jackal of Nahueltoro (1969) is one of the best Chilean films,by Miguel Littin,one of the few Chilean directors with an international reputation.

I gave it a 1/10 (could've been 0).

... that isn't NO or GLORIA?
Hahahaha!

_________
If we could see ourselves as others see us, we would vanish on the spot. - E.M. Cioran

I gave it a 8/10.

Soy mucho mejor que vos (2013)

I gave it a 6/10.

Violeta Se Fue a Los Cielos http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2014392/reference

A movie about Violeta Parra, a great artist and a great woman

I gave it a 7/10.

...A Valparaíso (1964) is a fascinating documentary short film about the Chilean City Valparaíso, a major centre and one of the South Pacific's most important seaports.
Directed by Joris Ivens, written by Chris Marker produced by Cine Experimental de la Universidad de Chile and Universidad de Chile

In 1996, the World Monuments Fund declared Valparaíso's unusual system of funicular lifts (steeply inclined carriages) one of the world's 100 most endangered historical treasures.
Built upon dozens of steep hillsides overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Valparaíso boasts a labyrinth of streets and cobblestone alleyways, embodying a rich architectural and cultural legacy. Valparaíso was declared a WHS in 2003 and is now protected as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.