Back to the Future Part II : When would the BTTF timeline start diverging from the real world?

When would the BTTF timeline start diverging from the real world?

Obviously they were exaggerating and being funny with some of their "predictions" about the real 2015 (even if a few things about tech, like flatscreen TVs came to be legit), and things like abolishing lawyers didn't come to be, lol.

But if you looked at all the inbetween years, I'm wondering when the timeline would've began to be different than the real world. The late 80s and at least the first half of the 90s were probably the same or only a few minor differences. By the late 90s/2000s I'm thinking it would've been much more noticeable though.

They might've started building the skyways in "their" 1999 or 2004 or something.

Re: When would the BTTF timeline start diverging from the real world?

Did 9/11 actually happen in the BTTF-b universe?

Oh good question, I wonder. Maybe not, and something else major could've happened that made their world (like the lawyers thing) and technology advance in a different direction?

I would say the internet not being invented is what caused tech to advance in a different direction