Kindergarten Cop : Who the hell is the target audience?

Who the hell is the target audience?

1 part hardcore Arnold action, 1 part creepy-ass Oedipal villain, 1 part child abduction plot, 1 part domestic abuse subplot, 1 part rom-com between Arnold and the teacher, 1 part the weirdness that is Phoebe O'Hara, and 1 part hilarious Arnold-plays-with-kids jokes.

Really what the hell?

Re: Who the hell is the target audience?

Me. They made this movie on a tight budget knowing it was just for me, but were happily surprised that other people wanted to see it too.

Me! I love the movie. So does my husband! That's 3 people!

Ray, am I using youyesshutup!-Rainman

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

Me! I was about 20 when the film hit the theaters. The comedy hit all the right marks, Arnold and the kids were funny and cute, and the action/suspense was well done. Absolutely loved it the first time I saw it in the theater.

Although the action sequences could be scary for young children, remember it was a PG13 film. An action/comedy from a director who has been very successful doing both. His three films with Arnold (Twins,Junior) gave Arnold a career outside his violent action star persona and likely endeared him to a larger fan base.

WAY TO COPY CAT THE FIRST GUY WHO SAID "ME." HAVE YOU NO SHAME, YOU *beep*? HUH? HUH? ANSWER ME MOTHER *beep* I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION. YOU *beep* UP BIG TIME, SON. YOU BLEW IT. YOU *beep* BLEW IT.

MY wife cannot stand AS, but she likes this film

http://www.moola.com:80/moopubs/b2b/exc/join.jsp?sid=4d6a55744d7a45794e544d3d-2

definitely a family moviebut for EVERYONE. i always loved this as a kid and so did my mother and grandmother. it's just a ridiculous comedy with some of arnold's best one liners outside the terminator. "it's not a tumor", "i'm the party pooper", "i'm going to stay with you until the end of time"

SHUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUP
shut up shut up shut up

Collection
http://www.imdb.com/list/4zXrE3AAzT4/

It was an Action/Comedy.

Post deleted

Post deleted

me! one of my all time favs

Post deleted

I must confess I stumbled across Kindergartan cop on IMDB. I as always checked out the content and was like 0_o

Indeed, without even seeing the film I must question who it is for :|

Post deleted

It was simple fun entertainment for the whole family

its a uk 15 certificate so i guess people over 15 . ask a silly question.

Post deleted

Honestly, I convinced my mother to rent this and Problem Child for my 9th birthday party. She may not have known what she was renting, but we thought we were badass watching movies like that. And now seventeen years later, this is a classic for many of us twenty somethings for that reason. Thanks mom.

"more tequila, more love, more anything. more is better." ~ grey's anatomy

I love this movie! Huge Arnie fan and he's awesome in this. Unlike some of his friendlier movies such as junior and turbo man this one is great. So many awesome lines I'M A COP YOU IDIOT!! and with a villain called CRISP!

"It's ok to play with dolls!"

I was about 4 when this movie first came out and I remember seeing it at the Drive In. I think it was justa different time in terms of exposure?

For example, I remember the drive in used to do 2 for 1s, where they would show a family movie first and then a "movie for the parents" second. The thinking was that by the second film, the kids would fall asleep. So I distinctly remember seeing Indecent Proposal at the drive in from the backseat of my parents car while I was "sleeping" when I was about 7!

*Exposure in the sense of what people felt comfortable with kids seeing. I think there was a lot of prevailing "they don't understand the parts we're throwing in for the adults anyways" and that still occurs in a lot of "family films"; jokes you get when you re-watch those movies as an adult and think I can't believe my parents let me watch this!

And this logic in making movies seems to be correct: if a kid understands the part then he/she is mature enough and ready to watch it, if he/she doesn't harm has been done anyway

Post deleted

Well I liked it alot as a kid And I rewatched it today as an adult and I still like it alot so everyone?

I'm gonna refuse you an offer you can't make

I was 17 when this hit theaters right smack dab halfway through my senior year of high school. I was a huge Arnold fan and went to this not really expecting to like it since I knew it was more a comedy. I ended up liking it but really wouldn't sing it's praises until I got older. I really started to love it when I had my own kids and they were past Kindergarten age when it would make me miss my kids at that age. The older they get the bigger monsters they become. My kids are now in high school and my oldest is the age now that I was when this movie came out so that's just crazy. Now when I watch this it gives me total nostalgia for the late 80's early 90's, it makes me miss that time period. I had the time of my life during those years and watching this brings it all back now.

Me. It's a long way off my top 50 but it's quite watchable.

90s audience

Collection
http://www.imdb.com/list/4zXrE3AAzT4/