Asian Cinema : Am I'm the only one, who actually think Asian cinema is better than...

Am I'm the only one, who actually think Asian cinema is better than...

...Hollywood, these days, especially Japanese and Korean, but also Chinese.
I stopped washing Hollywood, many years ago, simply because it stinks.

However, I feel Asian cinema is much much more better. What do u think!

Re: Am I'm the only one, who actually think Asian cinema is better than.

Every country comes out with good and bad movies, but I am still generally more interested in Asian cinema than American cinema - even after doing so for more than 10 years already.

YouTube Asian Movie Review Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/anticlimacus100

Most of my favourite films are asian, but yeah, they make good and bad films everywhere. Japan is now focusing more on anime adaptations and I also don't see it as a good thing. Overall, there's still more creativity in asian films and visual effects are much better in hollywood. Ofc this doesnt apply to every film made.

There are a few american directors that I like, but most of my favourite directors are asian too.

I don't see, however, much difference between american and korean films. Their purpose is pretty much the same.

Most of the films that are watch are american and japanese, so I would say these are my favourite countries in film. I also want to start watching more european films, still have a lot to explore there.

----------------
Favourite films:
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls006514680/

I'm not sure if they are better but I like them more. China and Korea are knocking hard on the Hollywood door, though. I'm pleased Japan doesn't seem interested in doing so yet.

\_-|/`— ... my opinions are incomplete. always wil

On this board you find the Asian cinema aficionados, thus most here will agree with you, me included .

If Asian includes South-Asian India I have 8 Asian films in my top 12 list http://www.imdb.com/list/ls033375969/. Looking at films starting 2000 I have 5 of 7 from Asia, 2 of 7 from Hollywood. In my list of top 12 directors 8 hail from Asia (India included).

I stopped washing Hollywood, many years ago, simply because it stinks. - dsfnli

With this I disagree. From time to time I find also Hollywood films that agree with me.

Maybe we watch simply a better pre-selection from Asia because many of the weaker films will not get provided with English subtitles or will not be published in the West.

--- each brain develops its own preferences ---

I normally jump at a chance to watch Korean or Japanese movies. Chinese, not so much - even though they have been popping up more and more often in regular theatres where I live.

Yes, couldn't agree with you more!
I think every country has its own culture, and the culture showed in their movies, but except American movies, the only thing American movie tells is: Hero saves the world, that hero is American.
Where are you from? hope we will be friends in the future, hjj1044025, it's my wechat number.