Beauty and the Beast : Why did Disney cast a bunch of nobodies?

Re: Why did Disney cast a bunch of nobodies?

Funny how you left out the large number of hits ABC and NBC had. All you're doing is helping to prove my point, champ.

You did the same with CBS, child...

lol no kid, CBS was garbage for years. You're just sitting here trying to argue against facts cause you're desperate for attention. Get a job, hipster.

I do have a job, unlike you. I'm a professional film/TV journalist.

I'm a professional film/TV journalist.

LMAO! Thanks for the obvious lie there to prove all your past comments may as well be invalid.

I never lie

ROFL quit reading there.

Because you can't read longer sentences?

Anywho, I am a professional film journalist. I'll be at the Berlinale in two weeks.

That's the best retort you can come up with after claiming to be a journalist? ROFL

Wow, thanks for proving beyond a doubt you lied.

I posted proof of my activity.

Hiring celebrities to voice animated characters is a fairly new trend, probably only since the mid 90's. Before that animated films were cast with voice and character actors for speaking parts and professional singers for the songs. I have to say that Angela Lansbury is a much bigger talent and star than you make her out to be; a movie star since the 1940's, she has several Oscar nominations, and her "CBS show" was highly rated and ran for over a decade.

They were going for a Broadway sound. They hired Broadway actors. Paige O'Hara and Robby Benson were hardly "nobodies".

How you can make the world a better place:
Don't shop at Wal-Mart.

Two people no one's ever heard of "were hardly nobodies"? lol ok.

Does it not occur to you that to keep boasting that you have never heard of this or that person merely shows your own ignorance? Do you really believe that the only criteria for a person being good is that you should have heard of them? there seems to be hardly anyone you have heard of.

This guy is really getting desperate trying to defend a bunch of nobodies. Seriously bro apply some Preparation H to that butt hurt.

I prefer that animated shows and movies don't have easily recognizable voices. When I hear a voice that is so well known, I just see Eddie Murphy or Ellen DeGeneres standing at a microphone.

I far prefer unknown voices. But either way, it's nothing to rant about.

I guess it's like looking at clouds. You see one thing and I see another. Peace.

Pfft, it's a good thing Disney didn't think like you, we would've ended up with someone like Emma Watson as Belle. Oh wait...

My own mother thought I was a monster. She was right of course but it still hurt!

Yeah, and guess which movie will make millions more than the other.

Check mate.

There's woozle_wuzzle happy

Guys stop we gotta talk this through

Notice how nobody has touched that comment. I proved them ALL wrong with that one post.

Maybe I'm too young to know, but animated movies I don't think really banked on celebrity voice talents until Robin Williams played Genie.

Before, the bigger names weren't largely advertised, it was like an Easter egg for parents if you knew that Jerry Orbach was Lumiere, they weren't showing commercials with Jerry's face in headphones saying "And Jerry Orbach as Lumiere!!!"

Even Williams himself only agreed to do Genie if he wasn't featured largely on the poster, or something along those lines. He actually was so agitated about Disney promoting him so much he didn't do the Return of Jafar movie. But, the role got a lot of attention and even a Golden Globe nomination, so it seems like after that it wasn't so "embarassing" for big stars to do vocals. Immediately after Alladin, they stuffed the Lion King with Broderick, Kelly, Jones, Thomas, Goldberg, Irons, etc.

to me, it is not important to have big names in it, but too bad the singing skills in this film are far from good