Heart and Souls : Completely Underrated.

Completely Underrated.

I just saw this movie, and let me say, this movie completely took me by surprise! Robert Downey Jr is my favorite actor, for one, and he showed a lot of versatility in one role. I loved when they kept taking over his body, especially the conference room scene, that in itself deserved an oscar nomination. I know there were probably plenty more roles so much better than his that year, but I still choose him as my favorite. He was funny, charming, cool, heartbreaking, and exciting all at the same time.

Also, I think the direction and writing were pretty worthy as well. And as much as I loved all the supporting roles, I can't pick just one that outshined the other. All great, probably not oscar-worthy, but good nonetheless.

I give this movie 10/10.

Last Movies Seen
Hellboy 2 - 10/10
Heart & Souls - 10/10
July 18; when will it come?

Re: Completely Underrated.

Sadly there are movies like this and even though the script was incredible, the cast was fantastic and the acting was superb it gets overlooked as light hearted fluff and doesn't get the credit it deserves.

I am glad so many people stumble upon it and it brings them as much joy as it brought me though!

i agree.. i was shocked to see it only has a 6.4 rating on here watched this a year and a halfish ago with my mom and i really enjoyed it.

Yeah, it's sad that most of the time just movies that are extremely serious or controversial get the Academy's atention. Movies like this one make us fell better, we like watching them over and over, and the reasons are the flawless acting, the script, and the director's work. This movie accomplishes something that many movies don't, that is it makes us forget that we're watching a movie (at least in my case), and it's kind of the whole point of a good movie, not to notice that they're actors.

I was shocked to see how low it rated too. Everyone I know has seen it and loved it.
This movie makes me feel good like no other film can.
And I still cry when the ghosts leave Thomas as a child.

Downey & Woodard are brilliant & other principals! Great Story! Great f/x. Great song 'Walk Like a Man'. I have watched the film several times and rated a 9.

"Eye of the Beholder"

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I completely agree with you.
Many of his Downey's films should have gotten more attention but didn't.
Including Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with Val Kilmer as his gay detective partner/ kind of friend and also Less Than Zero and Chaplin. Even though he did get an Oscar nom for Chaplin a lot of people have not seen it and i recommend you watch all 3 of those movies if you haven't already.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I love this film too. I can't believe this is rated so low on here. It should at least be in the 7 point range.

"Live well, Laugh often, and Love much!"

i just watched it on hulu, and it brought back so many memories, especially when they sing "walk like a man", rdj was great in it

I long for scenes where man has never trod.

I've loved this movie ever since its 1993 release. As soon as I saw the trailers for it on TV I knew I had to watch it. And I agree with others, say what you will about Robert Downey Jr's personal troubles, he is good at what he does as an actor. My favorite part of the whole movie is when Penny takes over his body just before the BB King concert. laugh.gif

Also, Renee, don't forget when Julia taking over Thomas' body at the Corp Board!

"Eye of the Beholder"

Completely agree. This movie gets little attention. Many people I mention it to have never even heard of it.

Truly a feel good movie!

I just saw it Hulu, too, and I'm shocked I've never seen this before!

Call me a sap, but I absolutely loved it. Laughed, criedloved every minute of it.

It's a 90s classic!

Oh, Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.