Clerks : The most boring pointless movie ever created!!!!!!!

The most boring pointless movie ever created!!!!!!!

Wasted 95 minutes of my life watching this trash about some annoying losers ranting about their minor problems.

Dante - is a whiny punk. A guy like that could never get two mildly decent looking college educated girls to date him. He's physically weird looking and his personality sucks.

Randal - is manipulative pseudo intellectual jerk. He's also a user and a overall horrible friend. Why would he think he's helping Dante by telling his girlfriend that he doesn't love her anymore?

Jay and Silent Bob are the best characters in this movie, but you only see them in small doses.

The scene with Dante and Kaitlin is incredibly annoying. She's a terrible actress, but so is everyone in this God awful movie.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

If it took you 95 minutes to figure out it wasn't for you,

then you're the loser (who is here ranting about it).

There's nothing odd about a guy like Dante would, getting such girls. You may just not be able to relate to it, and it's obviously not your type of humor.

Basically, it's just not your kind of movie, and you should have known that after 5 minutes.

Re: If it took you 95 minutes to figure out it wasn't for you,

Did I hurt your feelings fan boy? That's what IMDB is for to post your opinions about movies.

Re: The most boring pointless movie ever created!!!!!!!

lol Someone missed the point. Or got it right and didn't see it. You explained the characters charms and don't see it.

Post deleted

How is it obvious that he cares about Dante? Just curious.

Post deleted

You must not have seen a lot of movies.

If you want boring and pointless you may want to check out some of m nights attempts at film making like vilage, after earth, signs, lady in the water, oh really anything after sixth sense will do.

Maybe M Night Shayamallamayaman's career will have a twist ending.

It was dead all along.

Promo for my film about self-injury:
https://vimeo.com/140529647

yes. dante is a whiny punk and randal is a manipulative jerk. That is kind of what the movie is about. A day in the life of two flawed characters and you get to know them through the events that unfold throughout the day.

I don't agree the movie is pointless, it kind of shows how we shape our own destinies through our actions or inactions. Personally I think the movie is very funny and made a lot of good points in a darkly humorous way. The acting was bad overall, but the movie is still one of my favorites.

Boring is more subjective and obviously you found it uninteresting. I can't argue against that as everyone has different tastes and opinions. I, personally would find a movie where everyone is flawless, witty, kind, generous, selfless, and beautiful would be kind of boring and pointless, even if every actor/actress gave Oscar-worthy performances.

The most boring pointless post ever created!!!!!!!

------------------------
"Love means never having to say you're ugly." - the Abominable Dr. Phibes

I think this movie is really funny. Also, none of the main characters are supposed to be flawless. Randal basically is a prick, but I think he did mean well and care about Dante. Even though it was messed up Randal told Veronica everything he did, that is what he thought Dante wanted (and until maybe 10 minutes earlier, it was what Dante wanted). I like Dante, but Randal definitely had a point that he complained and whined yet never did anything to fix his situation (some advice a lot of people could use).

Also I'm pretty sure Caitlin is meant to be annoying. The whole time Dante is pining over her, and the only real reason for it seems to be her looks. She treated him like crap for years, yet he is still willing to get back with her.

You don't know what you're talking about!! Even Ann *beep* Frank could see this movie is a masterpiece.

Well I'm rubber and you're glue and whatever you says... bounces...

I think you mean Helen Keller.

"I will not go down in history as the greatest mass-murderer since Adolf Hitler!" - Merkin Muffley

This was funny

Poorly Lived and Poorly Died, Poorly Buried and No One Cried

I agree with the bit about Caitlin (the character is suppose to be ditzy I think, but the actress is just terrible at portraying her.

The other points are kind of the whole point of the movie and characters. Dante is suppose to be a whiny punk which is why Randal goes off on him at the end. Randal is suppose to be the selfish a**hole people love to hate and Jay and Silent Bob are there for more comic relief.

I remember the first time I saw this movie (about 10 years after it came out) and I loved it then. I laughed out loud throughout. Then I watched it again more recently and still thought it was pretty funny but I noticed that the acting is pretty horrible and that the humor probably packed its best punch pre-internet. I think a lot of the reason first time viewers complain about this movie being "boring" or "not funny" is because American culture has changed so drastically in the 22 years since "Clerks" came out and the internet has reduced many people's attention spans and desensitized us to the type of humor in the movie. I think this applies to a lot of classic movies (especially comedies); the "shock/thrill" factor is gone. It's still a funny movie, and I love the 90'sness of it.

This movie should have named "Jerks" because those "Clerks" are biggest Jerks I've even seen.