Claude Akins : Claude's bio on Wikipedia needs some editing...

Claude's bio on Wikipedia needs some editing...

It's unbelievable, but Claude's Wikipedia biography says this:

"He is best remembered as Sheriff Lobo in the 1970s TV series B.J. and the Bear, and later The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo, a spin-off series."

No way. That is like saying Pavarotti is best known for taking a dump in a boot.

Claude wasn't a brilliant actor, but he was certainly a pro 2000 lific and solid performer. Many movie roles and much better television programs than "BJ" need to be mentioned as his "best remembered" work.

Claude deserves better, I really enjoy his work.

Re: Claude's bio on Wikipedia needs some editing...

Rockmail, you've got THAT right: A whole lot of bios in Wikipedia need some editing! It's ridiculous!

One thing, though: Claude Akins WAS a brilliant actor. On one hand, he could play the most hardcore villain than a person could stand. On the other hand, he could play the most lovable good guy (remember Laredo?) He mastered the rare art of portraying characters much older than himself, and his incredibly authoritative voice added to that mastery.

Whether it be movies or television, Claude's acting commanded attention, and got it. He could practically outshine the stars of any television series on which he appeared!

In my opinion, Claude was very underrated.

I have only seen Claude Akins as Lobo once and you seem to know alot of his work. I was wondering what you thought his best preformences were in. He seems like a man that I would admire, and I am interested in some of his other work but he has done soo much I was wondering where to start. If you have any sugestions I would greatly appreciate it. You mentioned that "he could play the most hardcore villain than a person could stand." what would that be?

What? No soft spot for the one woman who slept with you sober?

My favorites would be:

Adventure of Superman "Pperil By Sea"
The Defiant Ones
Comanche Station
Devil's Brigade

Claude did portray the heavy usually in the westerns. Hope that helps.

Wow thank you so much! I will now netflixs those

What? No soft spot for the one woman who slept with you sober?

Every wiki I've ever seen to date is nothing but junk. The places are run like popularity cliques in high school - they care more about what the "in crowd" adds than about facts truth & NPOV.

~~~~~~~~
FREEDOM IS THE RIGHT OF ALL SENTIENT BEINGS!
Will you fight for freedom, or against it?

Wikipedia is not the best reference on the Internet unfortunately. I agree with you about Claude - he did a lot of work during his long career. I know I was very young when I first became familiar with his work - I don't remember the exact year but I'll say it was definitely childhood years. I always loved the westerns he appeared in. I wish more of them were shown on tv nowadays.

Hello,

I agree with you about my grandfather's wikipedia page. I have heard it is very hard to change the pages however, even big time celebrities are not able to modify their own pages! What I think is a travesty is that he doesn't have a star on the walk of fame. Surely my grandfather deserves a star if the likes of Donald Duck and Tinkerbell have one.

Regards,

Conrad Akins-Johnson

Anybody can get an account with Wikipedia and modify a celebrity's page, so long as the information complies with the site's rules. Hope that helps.

Sadly, that's where you're wrong dary. I've seen it with my own eyes. Factual info is added, & a regular will just come in on a whim & revert. Likewise false info that proved false & removed winds up re-added by one of the "clique". & heaven forbid if you dare question them about it.

~~~~~~~~
FREEDOM IS THE RIGHT OF ALL SENTIENT BEINGS!
Will you fight for freedom, or against it?

I hate Wikipedia as much as the next person, but I think that Wiki is right about this one. I grew up in the 1970s and 80s and yes, this is the character he became most associated with. This is not a knock on his career.

---
"America never had an Islamic terrorist attack before Obama"--Adolph Ghouliani, America's Mayor

Claude could be quietly authoritative and project intelligence when called upon to do so. He was so much more than a "hick" actor. I've seen fine work from him. The Twilight Zone used him well a couple of times, as did the Hitchcock shows, half-hour and hour long.