Dick Warlock : DICK IS A GREAT ALL AROUND GUY

DICK IS A GREAT ALL AROUND GUY

Hey. I have been a fan of Dicks for almost my entire life. I have always been a Halloween fan, and thought nobody has yet to surpass both Nick Castle and Dick Warlock as "The Shape". And because I became a fan at the young age, I started noticing all the other stuff Dick has done. I am also a big fan of stunts as well. He is a great actor, and stunt man.

I recently had the chance to meet Dick at the Monster Mania convention in NJ at the end of August. The last day when lines had died down, he took the time to explain basically the entire stunt business to me, since thats something I had been very interested in doing. Though the news for one of my dreams of being a stunt man may not have been the best news, I was very grateful Dick took the time to explain everything to me. He really showed that he appreciates his fans. He really is a class act, and he has a fan for life right here. So to any fans who may be wondering what hes like in real life, all I 5b4can say is, HES THE MAN! Much respect, and appreciation to him.

Jared
JaredRS80@aol.com

Re: DICK IS A GREAT ALL AROUND GUY

I agree 100%. I met "Uncle Dick", as he refered to himself as lol, and Danielle Harris at AdventureCon in Gatlinburg, TN about a year ago and they were both great people. The one thing that shocked me about Dick was the fact that I saw him at two conventions and on the second one, he remembered my name. That's a shocker. After that, we even started emailing each other. Danielle Harris was also a very friendly person, as well as gorgeous. I talked to her for well over an hour at a convention. It's always a surprise to meet a celebrity that's not stuck up and egotistical.

"Full Tilt Boogie" - Matt Hundley, "After Midnight"

Dick is an awesome guy. Very outgoing, hilarious sense of humor, and an all out wonderful guy.

I met Dick this past Saturday at the Atrox Factory haunted house in Leeds, Alabama, just outside of Birmingham.

I agree completely, he IS the man! He is so nice to his fans. I had the distinct pleasure of being first in line to meet him. He signed the photo of he and Jamie Lee Curtis kissing while wearing the Michael Myers mask. We chatted for a few. It turns out we have some mutual acquaintances.

I asked if I could have a picture of us together and he said sure. I asked him if he'd kill me. He started laughing and asked the police officer behind him doing security, "Is it okay if I kill this man?" He then said, "It is?! Great!"
He proceeded to choke me while I acted as if I was gasping for air. The people waiting in line loved that. They were laughing.

He gave me a memory that is just priceless. It was well worth the ten dollars I spent on the autographed picture. Thanks Dick. I will always treasure meeting you. God bless.

If it's useless information, chances are I already know it!

Same here, he auto'd my 2 disc Escape From New York DVD5b4. A nice guy.

I met him a few years back when Halloween Ressurection hit theaters. I was with my mom and three other people were in the theater along with ushe and his grandson being two of those. He apparoached us after the movie and asked my mom if "he was as good as I was" (asking about the actor/shape in the movie) Mom immediately knew who he wasI on the other hand thought he was some crazed cut off relative of ours. But he wasn't, then my mom said she wasn't crazy and she was a big fan, la di da. She introduced me to him and I shook his hand. Mom loved meeting him. And I agree with everyone here. He is a very nice guy. Open and friendly. You don't get that with hardly anyone from hollywood. . . .even though he is pretty much the only one from hollywood I've ever methmm.

It's always apt to ask, 'Are you okay?' to someone who's bleeding profusely or is missing a leg.

He certainly is. I saw him in 2000 at a con, then managed to get a rare (at the time) copy of Halloween 2 and he autographed it for me at the next year's convention. After another Star from H 2 had signed it already; he jokingly said to the effect of " what the hack is this?" when he saw whom had signed the cover. A VERY nice man; someone alot of celebrities could take a few lessons from.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Uh no, that isn't the picture I was referring to. The photo Dick Warlock signed for me has he, Jamie Lee, Donald Pleasence and a few crew members in it. Donald is holding a Coca-Cola laughing while Jamie Lee and Dick with the mask on, share a kiss.

How much does he charge for pics and autographs?

I can only tell you what he was charging at the appearance when I met him. He was selling signed photos for $10 each. I was a newbee at meeting celebs then and thought that was a typical/standard price for an autograph. I later learned that other stars charge MUCH more, anywhere from $25 to even $50-75! (Had I known this then, I would've bought two or three photos instead of one!)

On his official website, he charges $25 for a signed photo. If you want to send him something of your own to be signed, the price is still $25. He didn't charge me anything for the photo of us together.

He was one of the nicest celebs I've met to date. If you get a chance to meet him, go. You won't be disappointed. :)

I hope I answered your questions. Have a great weekend. God bless you! :)

I have yet to meet him in person but hope to do so one day. Back in the mid 90s I used to email him every now and then with random questions. He would always respond and seemed to enjoy the interaction. I'll always appreciate that he took the time to answer some teenage kid's silly questions.

"It's my car." RIP Charles Bronson