Sex and the City : Best and worst boyfriend (husband) and date for each

Best and worst boyfriend (husband) and date for each

So, which dates (meaning the persons/characters) you found were the best and worst? Also which boyfriend / husband you liked the most / least? Some of my picks:

Carrie

Best date

I enjoyed the guy who stayed with his parents. A bit of mindless fun.

Worst date

Ray - the Jazz Club Owner - by far

best boyfriend

a tie between Big and Aidan. I really liked Aidan as a character. But Big fits Carries lifestyle a lot better. A lot more in common.

worst boyfriend

Alex Petrovsky - never liked him much

Miranda

Best date

I liked Clark Gregg (from the Marvel universe). He pretended to be a doctor and Miranda was a flight attendant

Worst date

the guy who wanted his a$$ licked - yuck

Best boyfriend

it's gotta be Steve - despite all his flaws

worst boyfriend

Dr. Robert Leeds

Charlotte

best date

the pastry chef - is it a straight gay guy...or a gay straight guy?

worst date

can't recall that many. But the Martin Healy character was quite an a$$. The one whose father felt up Charlotte and he didn't believe any of it.

best boyfriend

a tie between Trey and Harry - they are both good guys for me

worst boyfriend

Mr. Pussy, the "going-down-on-you-guy" .... the way he ate these appetizers....I'm blind!

Samantha

best date

the small Italian guy

worst date

the funky spunk guy

best boyfriend

a tie between Smith and Richard

worst boyfriend / girlfriend

Maria....by a landslide

What I found disappointing of the writers are the way they handled many of the boyfriends. During / After breaking up they just turned them into selfish-a$$holes. So it would be easier for the audience to hate and get rid of them.

Like Berger. He was just fine and then they came up with the "Sorry. I can't. Don't hate me." note.

Or Aidan. A really friendly, honest guy. But after his return they turned him to be quite a selfish and rude person. Unlike the character he was before.

Same with Richard. A good match for Samantha. And then turned into a businessman on the way down....having money problems (closing hotels) and just using Samantha for a quick fück.

Or Petrovsky. Never like him....but slapping Carrie was an easy way to make us hate him (accidental or not).

At least they treated Trey with some respect for the character. A good guy....'til the very end.

"Pizz on you and pizz on your law!"
- Rubber Duck (Convoy)-

Re: Best and worst boyfriend (husband) and date for each

Mr. Pussy was never Charlotte's boyfriend. Just because he ate her pussy A LOT that does not mean they were in a relationship. From what we observed, they never even had any conversations or intercourse.

I agree about Steve and Smith.

Ugh, Richard. He was arrogant, pompous and a cheater.

When Carrie was going through the stuff of the guy with a tweety bird tat. *cringe*

Right....that was actually a very good guy. And as (mostly) usual she fücked it up....

- Rubber Duck (Convoy)-

Berger was not just fine. He had a multitude of problems - the worst of which was that he was threatened by Carrie's success. She knew right from the start that he wasn't ready/able to be in a mature relationship but she kept pushing at it, trying to make it happen. But that's what she does.

Yes, he did have issues (who doesn't). If they wouldn't have had the same kinda job, I believe they would have done just fine together.

- Rubber Duck (Convoy)-

You think? To me he seemed like the male equivalent of Carrie (in the bad way). I never picked up any real connection between the 2. Right from the start he was already in a relationship with someone else, then he spoke about the ex excessively and the 'double finger', they started arguing almost immediately, he made nasty jabs at her: "nice hat" (though that cracked me up), his 'jokes' to her friends were more judgement than funny, the way he declared he wanted a break in the cab, and of course the way he broke up with her. I never got the Berger appeal, only that he seemed like what Carrie would be like if she was a man. The only time i liked him was when he admitted he had a problem with her success and didn't think he was that kind of guy.

Totally agree - I actually did like that speech. It seemed he was starting to figure out some stuff about himself.

I think that character was meant to be the male Carrie. It's another example of how what she thinks she wants is not actually right for her. She kept trying and trying to make that relationship work even though it was clear it was not right. The 'spark' that she felt was just about the intellectual connection. Berger was very witty and very smart - just like her.

They had no sexual chemistry - which was very important to Carrie. She continued to push past that even though that wasn't working.

As Miranda even pointed out to her, she decided on her own to break up with him. But when he came back and said he wanted to try, she just dropped that and kept pushing to make it work again. That blew up in her face.

I think it's rather telling that she can't figure out what she learned from that relationship. She should have learned a lot but she doesn't learn a damn thing. Again.