Sex and the City : Miranda and robert

Miranda and robert

Though steve was always miranda soulmate but it was nice to have soneone profession wise close to miranda which was robert.

Re: Miranda and robert

They were perfect and for me they were endgame. But it seems Miranda can't handle someone on her level for long. The fact that he immediately treated Brady so well. Maybe he was too perfect to be true.

I never understood her choosing Steve over Robert other than the Brady connection. Steve was incredibly stupid and common. She had nothing in common with him. Steve was immature, too goofy and had skid marks in his draws, why would she pick him. Howeve, I didn't see the show thing that step to have one of them with a black guy as a permanent significant other.

I just loled so hard at this. :)

People used to call Miranda and Robert 'friends with benefits,' but social-class wise they were a better match.

But we have to remember this was around 15-20 years ago, so I'm not surprised this show didn't want a permanent interracial relationship.

On the flip side, a LOT of people said they couldn't even buy this relationship because Robert was way too hot for Miranda. So I guess the opinion goes both ways and to both extremes.

Who called them friends with benefits? And clearly it wasn't the writers who got scared off of the idea of an interracial end game. Miranda was always going to end up with Steve and Robert was a temporary obstacle. Do you actually think if they cast a white guy instead she would have ended up with Robert because they were in the same social class? One of the themes of this show is: you can find love with someone not exactly like you and not who you expected to.

-
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that I'll be over here looking through your stuff.

Miranda was always going to end up with Steve and Robert was a temporary obstacle

I agree that that's why he was written in when he was. I also think he was written as a 'total catch' to highlight how much Miranda really did love Steve by leaving Mr. Perfect for Mr. Dorky...

But Robert wasn't that great imo, his behaviour when Miranda broke up with him was borderline abusive. Talk about taking the low road. And he didn't seem to be really mourning the loss of the relationship if that's the excuse for his behaviour, unless threesomes were his way of drowning his sorrows . The flirting with the cheerleader right in front of her was pretty disrespectful too.

Who called them friends with benefits?

It was said several times on this board. And it bothered me because it seemed more serious than that. They were a good social match and he said he loved her, after all. He also didn't have a problem with the single mother thing.

One of the themes of this show is: you can find love with someone not exactly like you and not who you expected to.

I agree when it comes to Charlotte and Harry. The rest of the relationships didn't seem that unlikely to me.

They definitely were more serious than that. In the show they were in a monogamous relationship with each other. They were compatible on socioeconomic, professional, and intelligence levels. His behavior after the breakup was bothering (he was justifiably angry, but it was off-putting), but when they were together he seemed to genuinely care about her and Brady.

Honestly, I think the only reason Charlotte and Harry seemed unlikely is because he wasn't conventionally attractive and didn't have that suave, refined personality that most of her other suitors did.

But other than that, they fit pretty well. Harry was likely from a wealthy upbringing, and even if he wasn't he was very well off financially, he was educated, he was a successful lawyer and was intelligent and kind.

I don't see an issue with wanting to marry someone who has a similar socioeconomic class or education level as you, to be honest. It makes things easier with perspective and compatibility. Obviously other factors have to work as well.

His behavior after the breakup was bothering (he was justifiably angry, but it was off-putting),

Besides somewhat taunting Steve, what else did he do that was bothersome? Was it ever proven that he was the one that smashed Steve's television?I always thought they did that to make lessen the blow of Miranda leaving him for Steve.

The way he mocked and taunted her about their sexual relationship when they were in the stairwell. It was quite aggressive and humiliating.

Well, it wasnt too bad, it had to be hard living in the same building and everything.Can you imagine how he felt? If I lost a girl to a person like Steve I would be flip, that is a serious blow to a mans ego. In all honesty I think the only thing that brought them together unfortunately was the show forcing them together. Had they not had the connection in the form of Brady, I highly doubt she would have stayed ever been with him again.Looking at their relationship before Brady, it wasnt worth it. Besides Brady, what did Steve offer Miranda to learn from each other or to base the relationship off of? At least with Charlotte and Harry, he was financially stable and intelligent, but Miranda and Steve....yeah not seeing it.