Sex and the City : I always find it hard to believe that Miranda

I always find it hard to believe that Miranda

Gets asked on dates so often in bars/on the street etc, she's hardly a looker and for most of the series had a horrible unflattering haircut! It baffles me!

And that's why..... you always leave a note.

Re: I always find it hard to believe that Miranda

I feel horrible for saying this but I am inclined to agree. I never found Miranda attractive in the slightest but she used to get an array of good looking me. Her look did soften towards the later series though and she did look a lot better.

"What you don't like rice? Tell me Michael, how can a billion Chinese people be wrong?"

I know it's not all about looks and I love Miranda's personality but these guys are going purely on looks, like the gym guy who had the annoying kid! Maybe it's different in NY?!

And that's why..... you always leave a note.

Or the other guy at the gym that eventually dumped her b/c she seemed too confident. I hate saying it too but I always thought "why is her hair so short?!" sometimes it looked really good & she was pretty but other times it was a hot dang mess. :(

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

She's the only one who had a plot about a dry spell and the one who got blown off when a guy spotted a hotter girl. Do you believe anyone goes out with as many people as characters on TV do? They have to give her relationship story lines.

-
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that I'll be over here looking through your stuff.

She's the only one who had a plot about a dry spell and the one who got blown off when a guy spotted a hotter girl. Do you believe anyone goes out with as many people as characters on TV do? They have to give her relationship story lines.

Also she was the only one none of her friends wanted to have sex with when they were speaking hypothetically about threesomes. Lol.

I was going to say that myself. I felt bad for her in that scene, but it was wrong to trick that couple into thinking she wanted to do a threesome then ditching them, all for her ego.

I was SO annoyed at Miranda for that! My ex-bf and I had been on the other side of that dynamic and we would have been crushed if the woman we were meeting took off after agreeing to a threesome. That was really low-class of her, I thought.

Luke … this is your father … come set the table for dinner.

LOL. But it's not low class to have a threesome with a woman you've never met?

Hmm, I have to agree with that. It was wrong to lead them on and ditch them, but the whole thing was rather seedy.

Surprised no one has mentioned the one episode the creators allowed Miranda to look sexy- and that was 6th season The Post-It Always Sticks Twice. They let her have that beautiful hairstyle and fit in those skinny jeans- and everyone at the club is hitting on her.

Also it's not always about looks. It's the whole package. Miranda made the most money of the four and had the best apartment by far.

when was it ever stated or even hinted at Miranda having more money than all of them?

Uh shut the hell up!! I was making a point about how she actually looked great in an episode and also my perspective on her career. What are you, 12?

I see, so is that you are crazy or just a troll? Also, if I'm 12 then you are 4.

Everyone in that episode had a dry spell of some sort. Carrie had one in s4/s5 after breaking up with Aidan.

----------
Still shopoholic, just wearing a new T-shirt

Carrie wasn't eating cake out of the trash. I don't really recall anyone having a dry spell especially not in that episode where Miranda swears off relationships then goes overboard with chocolate. What are you referring to?

-
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that I'll be over here looking through your stuff.

I think when she was meeting up with Big in SF or something.

Yeah I guess that could be considered a dry spell, especially due to her overeager behavior.

-

I don't think she is really that unattractive. She actually looked pretty in some scenes, and she looks more like a woman you'd see in real life walking down the street rather than the stereotypical gorgeous actress. Charlotte and Samantha have the looks you'd expect from TV actresses, while Carrie and Miranda look like normal women. And from what I remember, Miranda dated a lot of guys who weren't lookers themselves, like the guy with the obvious hair plugs. I actually didn't find many of Miranda's boyfriends particularly attractive at all, with the cop and Robert being exceptions.

Post deleted

I never understood why they seemed to go out of their way to make unattractive the first few seasons, like she was the ugly duckling of the group. Also, she did get some of the worse men of the three.

I feel like Carrie also had the looks, not just because she was the main character. But especially during the first half of the series, I would KILL to have Carrie's BODY!!! I mean we do already have a similar body type but yeah I thought Carrie was super hot during the first half of the show.

I bet you're wondering what a place like this is doing in a girl like me-The Mummy

I thought Carrie was super hot during the first half of the show.

I agree!! Her body is amazing, she's a dash too skinny for my liking but everything else about her, I thought was flawless.

I agree w/another poster about how Miranda got the worst looking guys with the exception of the cop & Robert... Like the guy that was pretending to be an ER doctor that she met speed dating & the lawyer who yelled at everyone over nothing, the guy with the plugs & Skipper, etc..

Carrie's body bothered me - ugh too bony and unfeminine to me. If I were a guy, i'd want something a little more soft and curvy. I think she looks downright gross sometimes (with the exception of season 5 after she had her baby. Thought she looked amazing then).

100% agree with rebeccak - Carrie's body pre baby was like a little girls but you're right after she had the baby she looked stunning. I wouldn't have found her body in earlier seasons attractive at all. I always thought Charlotte had the best figure, I'm a fan of curves myself.

"What you don't like rice? Tell me Michael, how can a billion Chinese people be wrong?"

Post deleted

I thought Carrie had a smoking body. She was petite and fit yet she always had a curved in waist with hips and a nice butt. I don't see how she wasn't "curvy" when she obviously always had curves. She was just fit curvy.
I also actually thought Miranda looked the best in the beginning seasons with the really short hair. Her fashion choices were definitely the worst throughout all the seasons but I absolutely hated her looks with the chin length hair and weight gain after the baby. Not that she was even chunky or anything but she just looked so matronly with that chin length hair. I thought the short hair suited her face so much more. There were some scenes in the beginning seasons where I would look at her face and think she really wasn't that bad. She had beautiful skin and eyes. She got much worse and older looking as the seasons progressed. As I said, very matronly looking.

I haven't watched enough of the show to know if Miranda will get hit on before the other girls often at bars. If that was the case I'd agree ita unrealistic unless it was a less attractive guy who hit on her (knowing the others were out of his league). One thing I'll say is that Miranda is a redhead which can be appealing to men. I've heard many who love redheads. That can set Miranda apart a bit.

Also I agree with others that Miranda's men were not as attractive as some the other girls dated. Although she did date a very handsome black man at one point (she worked with him?) who was probably out of her league. I don't remember many of her other boyfriends except for Steve.

My husband and I were just talking about Miranda yesterday while we had it on all afternoon in the background. He cant stand her and wondered how she was always going on all these dates. She is hit and miss for me. Sometimes she looks ridiculous (wearing that odd hat type thing when the girls sat in the park and ate lunch) and sometimes she looks beautiful ('The One" when she told Steve she loved him)

The majority were no lookers either. She isn't that bad to me. If she had different hairstyles she would have looked better. Her features are not that bad and she has red hair, which makes her standout more. She did get blown off for hot girl. The cop and doctor were the only good looking men she dated. She was very insecure about being on the date with the cop because of how handsome he was. She even got drunk. She was jealous of the cheerleader who was flirting with the doctor at the basketball game and though he had zero interest in her until he said he did. To me its not that unrealistic.

No way would Blair Underwood have dated Miranda. Nice lady, but he was way way out of her league.

Agreed. I also felt the same way about Carrie too. I'm sorry, but she is just not attractive enough for all the men that swooned over her.

Blair Underwood is a handsome man, but I don't think he's too good looking, or out Miranda's league to be dating her. She's funny, charming and they had great sex. But who knows, maybe Robert also wanted the good on paper woman, education wise?

To be honest, I think it's kind of harsh when people say that she gets asked on dates so often in bars/streets (not that it happened very often) as if she's undatable. She was pretty mannish despite her slim body during the first seasons, but pretty. Maybe too outspoken. But as the seasons went by, and in season 6, I think she's gorgeous, especially at Charlotte and Harry's wedding.

And when it comes to Carrie, I haven't heard any of my male – straight or gay – friends who haven't swooned over her. My ex did, but since I drool too, it didn't matter, haha.

I disagree. But then again, I dislike the whole "league" notion based purely on physical looks and nothing else. Miranda was not unattractive. She and Robert were of the same intellectual/intelligence level, similar incomes, and educated. They had great chemistry and liked each other a lot.

Debbie dated Steve. She was way more attractive than him physically, but if you look at background/culture/mentality compatibility, their relationship made way more sense than Miranda/Steve.

Mia_Fey wrote:

It baffles me!
Speaking as a man, it does not baffle me at all. Miranda is very good-looking and there are moments that she is dropdead gorgeous.

Miranda is definitely the least attractive. But she dates so many cute guys (marathon man, guy in hot child in the city, the cop, Robert, Steve was cute too). I honestly don't get it!!

Her clothes are usually awful and after she had her baby she gained weight and had that awful chin length hair. She dated that fat guy at weight watchers and they actually looked good together lol.

That being said, I love Miranda's character. She is easily the most relatable in terms of her lifestyle and behavior. And she was the most like a normal woman. Carrie was crazy, Samantha was a sex addict caracture and Charlotte was uptight and gold digging

I agree with you, Coming from a guys perspective, even I thought some of her dstes were not really believable.For example, Robert, he may have matched her in intelligence and profession, but he could get probably anyone he wants when you add it all together, and I am not saying its impossible, just not likely. If I had the same advantages as he did I probably wouldn't give Miranda a second look....heck I wouldn't give her a look without those advantages...hmm, that does sound superficial of me.

nshine wrote:

Miranda is definitely the least attractive.
That is certainly subjective.

I think that she is the most attractive although Carrie comes across as being more fun.

I am not attracted at all to Charlotte, so maybe I am not being objective about her physical appearance.

i think the overly attractive cop had a fetish for gingers cuz his mom was a ginger..luckily miranda got drunk and hit on him otherwise she would have been dead somewhere in an alley rolled up in a rug. the cop didn't like bossy women, he'd never kill his 'mom'. he wanted a fearful damsel.

Because his mom was? What is wrong with you?

-

Because his mom was? What is wrong with you?

-

Hey Moonli! I think anni is just joking around and she's not posting here so often. Because I just had this déjà vu, threw me back all the way to 2011 I think, when I first started posting here and you, Rebs, Leeloo and Diva posted more often. Great times and such an activity, no wonder I got stuck!

And from what I recall I used to love anni's posts, they were hilarious and smart. So maybe you're being a bit harsh. Think about it; Sex and the City, in the shape of a horror film. Who would be the villain?!

hey beja, thanks for having my back. you are right i was just being goofy. and i agree with your theory... i need to rewatch my s&tc dvds soon, and come back on all obsessed lol.

Hey anni, no problem. Any time. I was quite certain you were just being goofy. But please watch your SATC DVDs, and come back and join us and those obsessed! :)

I just came to think about elektrasai and Annie Chan,, but especially emmiedem from Australia, who was like a mother on this board, always so nice and took care of us. Especially that guy (can't recall his name) who made thread and was terrified and yelled; "I've just been to the doctor and I've got herpes, what shall I do?!" And everyone was so concerned, especially emmi. I wonder what would happen if someone made a thread like that today, LOL!

Haha, rolled up in a rug in some alley? That sounds like a brilliant idea to a script, for a horror film, anni. Not that it hasn't been done before, but there seems to be an unsaturated market for such films.

I believe it was only because she got drunk too fast and suddenly became Mena Suvari, well not really, but great in bed, that did turn him off. He looked pretty interested in her while dining.

But I'm kind of baffled, and a bit sad to hear that people think she's not attractive. At all. One of my best friends, who's also a big SATC fan, thinks that Miranda is the one who's the most beautiful out of the four. And sometimes, I actually agree. Tastes are certainly different.

Well Carrie is not conventionally a looker either... I was also feeling a little confused how often these women "get it on" but I guess it's all about the confidence.

is new york all that different from anywhere else?

Post deleted

I never liked Miranda. Too emotionally guarded and b!tchy for me. I thought she was attractive enough physically. Not as much as the other three, but attractive, and sometimes she did look pretty.

I admit I'm somewhat partial to redheads, even though I've yet to have had a redheaded boyfriend, I found her personality to be unattractive as a friend. She was at times a good friend to Carrie, but not the type of friend I'd choose. Which has nothing to do with her being asked out on dates, or, perhaps it does.