Prometheus : why did Login Marshall-Green...

why did Login Marshall-Green...

... do nothing but sulk after the first 40 minutes? Did I miss some argument or humiliation? He went from being really excited to suddenly drinking heavily and playing with snooker balls.

Re: why did Login Marshall-Green...

Because what he was looking for (The Engineers) were all dead, or so he thought. So he couldn't learn anything from them.

Cause he was a lil b/tch ?

His "theory" was correct, but he wanted to meet one of them. and be all famous and sh/t.
How did meeting one of them work out for OMW, Ford and Jackson?

I wish they had a quick scene when he was transforming into whatever, where David points at him when no one else is looking and mouths "I did that" with a big azz smile.

by seven;

"I wish they had a quick scene when he was transforming into whatever, where David points at him when no one else is looking and mouths "I did that" with a big azz smile"

Funny.

Considering that David took his directions from Weyland?
When Shaw stumbled into the clinic and she said;

Shaw: I was wrong. We were so wrong! Charlie. Dr. Holloway is dead. We must leave!

Old Weyland could have replied; "Oh I had David do that. I need to find a way to live forever don't you understand?"
And David would continue to smile .

Imo at least, BB ;-)

it is just in my opinion - imo - 🌈

I never understood why Holloway found it necessary to be such a pr/ck to David who as far as he knew was there to help him. It was a really nice pay-off (for me anyways) to see Holloway get his comeuppance. Poetic justice.

Now OMW on the other hand arguably was foreshadowing Ash's secret "crew expendable" order later on in Alien. He doesn't really care about anyone but himself "...save me anyway".

I could see him saying something to Shaw like you suggested. "Well, Holloway told David he was willingly to do any and everything, how was I to know you would have unprotected sex with him I thought you came here to work not f/ck?"

to seven;

"I never understood why Holloway found it necessary to be such a pr/ck to David who as far as he knew was there to help him."

It's not a logical thing by Charlie. He just seems to have a prejudice against androids.
The more I think about the Shaw / Holloway relationship, she seems to be the solid, down to earth scientist while he is often a screw up.
Without her where would he be? Maybe fired from a university for getting drunk.

"It was a really nice pay-off (for me anyways) to see Holloway get his comeuppance. Poetic justice."

Oh yes. It's an old message from royal politics; be aware of who really has the power in a situation.
Weyland had the power and David was the instrument of this power.
But drunk Holloway kept insulting David.

"Now OMW on the other hand arguably was foreshadowing Ash's secret "crew expendable" order later on in Alien. He doesn't really care about anyone but himself "...save me anyway"."

Certainly, the themes are there with Weyland which are in the characters of Ash and Burke.
There is something twisted / corrupt in the Weyland company and "Prometheus" shows us the root of it.

"I could see him saying something to Shaw like you suggested. "Well, Holloway told David he was willingly to do any and everything, how was I to know you would have unprotected sex with him I thought you came here to work not f/ck?"

That's good. LOL
I could definitely see Weyland talking like that.
That man's like a king. He only cares about himself as his servants are fawning over him and washing his feet.
He's their lord and master who doesn't give a cr@p about them and I think they are probably old hands from Mars who know the score.
- Like you wrote Weyland could say; "Holloway was willing to do anything and I had David oblige.
Now what do you want to do Dr. Shaw? Will you cooperate or shall I have David and the staff make certain that you go into stasis this time?"

Imo at least, BB ;-)

it is just in my opinion - imo - 🌈

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.