The Insider : Great film but why does RC disappear with 30 min. Left in the film?

Great film but why does RC disappear with 30 min. Left in the film?

I kept waiting to get more closure with his character and it ended without it IMO-

I appreciate the text at the end, but still. It becomes Al Pacino's movie

100 characters?! I can't say anything with only 100 charact

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Great film but why does RC disappear with 30 min. Left in the film?

I think there was closure. It was subtle. When everything's looking like falling apart, and the interview isn't going to air, Wigand says something to the effect of "how do I explain this to my kids, why I've done all this?" Then later, when it airs, there's a small scene when it airs, and his daughter is watching and turns to him and gives him a look. He sacrificed his family, but at least he, in his mind, can justify it to his kids, and it was somewhat worthwhile. That's his resolution.

I agree that it's jarring to desert his character somewhat, because his part is more compelling, at least in a base way.

___

Re: Great film but why does RC disappear with 30 min. Left in the film?

Because Al Pacino is the real "Insider" of the movie. RC's "insider" bit was merely a device for Pacino to self-actualize in the film and overcome the negative anti-truth telling forces of his own corrupt institution. This movie wielded dual insiders, and it did so masterfully.