The Insider : Heat or the Insider?

Heat or the Insider?

For me, this is nearly impossible to call as both are (in my opinion) two of the best films ever made. Both share a density and richness in every respect (e.g. characters, writing, cinematography, editing, music, etc) and are structurally similar. They are the cinematic equivalent of epic novels. I have nothing to go on except my gut here but I think the Insider might just about eke it, even though I find Heat more readily watchable. To be honest, I couldn't really explain why.

Re: Heat or the Insider?

Definitely The Insider; theres nothing wrong with this film at all.

"facts are stupid things" - Ronald Reagan

Easily The Insider; I know I'm in the tiny minority but Heat's never done much for me.

although this movie Insider, may be more thought provoking and newsworthy,, Heat is the winner hands down,, insider didn't have enough action.

are you going to bark all day little doggie,, or are you going to bite

Surely, both are among the most satisfying american movies made in 90's. For me the difference between them lies in the kind of ambition, which each one tried to accomplish. Whereas "Heat" is a contemporary revision of a rather old-fashioned look on the urban crime (with strong accent put on relation cop vs. thief), "The Insider" dealt with a general problem - a position of individuality in a modern world. As a person interested in socio-economic environment in which we live in, I found "The Insider" more interesting than "Heat", but that doesn't change the fact that it's a great movie on it's own terms. It all comes down to what interests you more, I think.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Both incredible but, if I can only choose one:

The Insider

Wait a minute who am I here?

AAAHHHH too hard
But I have to go with the Insider

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I really like both, but i choose Heat

Prostitute: What the *beep* are you doing?
Johnny: I'm gonna kill a bunch of people.
fight2.gif

Heat is amazing, yet The Insider is the one in my top 50.

Its subject matter, how it treats said subject matter, & its IQ level separate it from most.

The Insider.

When I was younger, I'd start salivating if anyone even mentioned Heat; now I feel like its reputation is a bit inflated.

Don't get me wrong I still think it's a pretty damn good movie. Great, even.

But I could watch The Insider once a month. If it's on, I cannot turn away. I feel like the construction of the film, the script, the photography, the performances, the use of music there's really no weak spot. Even the piddly "controversy" about its degree of "factual accuracy" has essentially evapourated in the years since its release. Sad to think it might've been one of the most deserving Best Picture winners in history if not for that little sideshow.

I mean, it's kind of an embarrassment of riches. Scene after brilliant scene. Totally captivating and loaded with intensity.

If someone put a gun to my head and said I could only save one Mann film, I'd have a tough time Thief and Manhunter are terrific too but it'd probably come down to this one.

The Insider.

Never cared for Heat, then or now

The Insider.
Not only I like the story but also because the movie was extremely well done.

The scene with Jeff leaving the building while the other employers were chatting in the other room, the scene with Michael Gambon and the lawyers, the scene with Jeff sitting alone in the hotel room, his job interview at the new school, the FBI removing his computer, man that movie is perfect.

Two of the best films ever made? You cannot be serious

Doublethink. To deliberately believe in lies, while knowing they're false. Henry Barthes

Apples and oranges.

But if you are asking my favorite Mann film it's Manhunter. It was so far ahead of its time.

I've prolly seen Heat the most amount but that's because it's always on cable and I can't say no.

Heat, easily.

Heat 8/10
Insider 7/10

so many movies, so little time

Both, because I love Al Pacino and he was fabulous.<3

Love both movies, but I have to go with The Insider.

Heat

Heat.

You don’t deserve that username you basic ass bitch ****!

https://i.ibb.co/CM60Md8/IMG-5376.jpg