The Royal Tenenbaums : Gwenyth Paltrow

Gwenyth Paltrow

She is VERY attractive in this film...what a cool character.

Re: Gwenyth Paltrow

Ugh, attractive? She lies, cheats on her husband repeatedly, is nearly completely self-absorbed, is "in love" with her own brother, and rarely shows any emotion other than depression and being sardonic.

I would she's the least attractive character in the movie. Other than being artistic and adventurous, she has few other redeeming qualities....

I'd say it's a tie between her and Royal in terms of unattractive personalities.

Can't stop the signal.

wow, i feel kind of demented now...thanks guys! lol.

Hi monkeycatt,

I loved the chracter. She had a strange beauty and was quirky character with neuroses stacked on neuroses. If this had been a realistic drama, she would have been impossible to take, but this is a dark comedy from Wes Anderson and the character was fabulous.

Some of us find upbeat, party-loving girls obnoxious and prefer someone with Margot's personality.

Her character's personality was not attractive, but she was physically attractive. I never really thought Paltrow was attractive but she looked great in this film.

She's always attractive.

She's perfect as Margo.

Margot seems to hate herself. Good times. I'm not onboard with her. Chas either, until the ending.

Thankfully, the likes of Richie, Eli, Henry, Raleigh, Dudley, & others keep me intrigued.

...top 50 http://www.imdb.com/list/ls056413299/

Agreed. I never found GP attractive outside this film. She's not ugly , just plain. But I think the clothes and makeup really gave her a good look.

Her character is another story. She's attention starved and love starved with serious daddy issues which causes her to use people and take advantage at times. She acts out to get reactions from people. A great character , but I wouldn't want to know anyone like that in real life...even with her looks.

You think I'm crazy? Perhaps we're all a little crazy. I know I am.
-Hugo Simpson

Seems like I'm the odd man out. I've thought her attractive (looking) in all her films BUT this one.

She is a fugly. nasty bitch. On screen and off.

I normally don't care for Paltrow at all, but she was good in this one. I avoided watching the film for years because she's in it. (silly). She's a decent actress, her off-screen persona is very off-putting.

Anyway Bill Murray is in this, so I had to watch it just to see him. Damn good movie.