The Princess Diaries : Can You Go From Geek to Good Looking in Real Life?

Can You Go From Geek to Good Looking in Real Life?

She looked so different before and after her transformation. I'm just wondering if it can be done in real life or do you have to be quite good looking in the first place? Being a shy, nervous, skinny South Asian male nerd for 19 years kind of loses its meaning after a while. none.gif

Re: Can You Go From Geek to Good Looking in Real Life?

It can, it just depends on the person. Some transformations are more extreme than others. But I think Anne Hathaway is naturally beautiful.

Of course.

Some people have to have plastic surgery, but i don't agree.

I remember myself personally, i just started taking care of myself and i transformed it took a few years, but i think i am not that bad not like when i didn't care coz i didn't when i was younger like from 9-13, then when i was 13 and a half almost 14 i got sick of looking bad so i started buying better clothes lost a little weight for health sake and it did make me more confidant and made me look better.
Went for regular facials and took care of my skin and bought good make up and i think anyone can go from being a certain look to a more mature look or S**y look.
Even normal girls they can look normal and on a night out they look different anyone can go from anything into something, confidance and courage is all it takes, technically Money too.

i belive that everyone has natural beauty whether it is inside or out
so i dont think anyone is ugly

"come on captian im doubble parked downstairs"

YES
GOD MADE US ALL SPECIAL

Everyone has a beauty inside or out and we're all beautiful

I never think anybody is ugly too

Whatever makeover you have it just improves what is already there.

Maybe if I posted a picture you could give me some tips on what to improve and how to do it? I'd love to go from geek to Prince Charming, if that's possible.confused.gif

Well if you want i don't mind helping if thats what you like.
I am no expert, but i will be Glad to help you.

Thank you very much. I'm very grateful. smile.gif OK, I'll take a picture when I get time (schoolwork takes up so much of my time these days!) and I'll show it to you. But it may not be easy hehe. shy.gif

Hey. Well I've taken some pictures. If you want to see them, let me know and I'll send you the link via Private Message. I'd post them here but.. you know, some people might make silly comments. Thanks again.

You know what? On seconds thoughts, I'll post the pictures here. I need to learn to stop caring about the bad things people say and only focus on the positive. Think of this as pre-transformation lol!

http://www.mega-file.net/photo/view.php?img=9507e6b55bb349b91c5eaf21be99e901

http://www.mega-file.net/photo/view.php?img=a216a68d868fcdda1d12710a8e4a42d5

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Sure you can. I think everyone has charming features you just got to embrace it. Confidence is the main key. Maybe you have low self-esteem with your eye brows.. then tweze them and you will feel a lot more confidence. Treat yourself to a new outfit or a new hair style. All these things can give you confidence. There is nothing sexier then a person with confidence. So flaunt watcha got and you will deffinitly be 100% good looking.

I agreeAnd I know this sounds so incredibly cliche, but it's 90% attitude, 10% good looks. I know plenty of people who wouldn't exactly be considered beautiful or handsome, but the way they carry themselves, so full of confidence, makes them incredibly appealing. They're not afraid of themselves and have an overall nice, down to earth, and hilarious spirit. I can guarantee that most would rather hang out with people like that than with personality-less eye candy.

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"

Some geeks are often good looking I think. It's not to do with being a geek or not. Now in this case Anne Hathaway is very pretty, put on the fake wig, eyebrows and glasses, took them off, had help from a team of Hollywood professionals, tada! The plot of the film. But really, people could do that if they desperately wanted, but is it worth it? If you're hideously deformed you won't change your looks, and it's better to be happy with yourself than to try.

fashionistax16 - Hey thanks for your advice. Confidence is the one thing that I really need. I'm so quiet and shy and I find it hard to come out my shell. But sometimes it's hard to make myself heard; it really depends on the people I'm with.

Sara lalala - Hiya. Is that really true? I suppose it does make sense. I just have this shy exterior and I'd like to express myself more. You know it's funny, but I used to be quite confident and expressive a few years ago. I was really lively and spirited, but now I'v become quite introvert and I'd like to get back to what I used to be. Let's hope I can do that. Thank you for what you said.

jenamalonefan38 - Hello. So what do you think of this geek? shy.gif Hehe I'm kidding. I do try and focus on the positive but sometimes I'd just like to know what it'd be like to be more attractive. I definitely need more confidence. But I guess I'll have to work on it. Thank you. smile.gif

Hey everyone. I just wanted to thank you all for your brilliant advice and your positive comments. It did make me feel good about myself. I've all your advice and tried to apply it to my life. I'm trying to be more confident and talk more. You know when I actually do speak, I end up having a really good time and making other people laugh (with me, not at me!). Seriously I didn't realise how funny I could be. But there you go lol!

As far as appearences go, I cut my hair, dyed it brown and I straighten it occasionally so that it's not so curly lol. I don't know if it'll make me more attractive but it's nicer than when it's all frizzy and curly lol. That's one thing Mia and I have in common; we both have this wild, uncontrollable curly hair! It's actually quite funny! laugh.gif I might try spiking it up soon which I think would look really different and cool!

And I'm trying to eat more so that I can put on weight because I'm just way too skinny to a point where it's a health concern. Hopefully if I put on weight I might grow into my nose . I hope so anyway

But like everyone here's been saying, confidence is the main thing so I'm going to work on that a lot. Sometimes I feel as if I'm being too superficial like everyone else my age when I constantly tell myself that I'm nothing like them and I have a lot of moral values. A few years ago, I didn't care about the way I looked or what others thought about me, but there you go. Sometimes I think I'm being too self-centred when there are others in this world who don't even have food or water. But then I think, it's not superficial to take care of myself as long as I keep my head on the ground lol.

Well anyway, I just wanted to say thank you all again and maybe I'll post a picture soon if you want. If Mia can do it, so can I! angel.gif

Thank you.

Sarah Jessica Parker is the perfect example. She is still not pretty, but she is hot.

Secondly, haven't you seen any make-over shows?

One of my Psychology professors told our class that the best plastic surgery you can give yourself is to smile. A comfortable, genuine smile increases your attractiveness more than any treatment you can give yourself, although I'm sure taking care of yourself helps. :)

And bear in mind that what makes people really attractive is how healthy they are, both physically and psychologically. Ever notice how some people look completely awesome no matter what they wear, or how their hair is? These are people who exercise regularly and eat right and think positive and learn new things (for religious people, prayer helps, too). "Attractiveness" is about what kind of signals your body gives off, and you can fake it with a perm or a different hair color or foundation makeup, but the most effective and authentic way to be attractive is to be HEALTHY. And smile!

Post deleted

Ok,i know this is like,a year and a half after you posted your message and your probably really confident and all hot now (i can't see your pics that you posted so you may have been hot before) but i've read some of your posts and you sound like such a sweet guy that any girl would be glad to get with you

So i think people shouldn't worry too much about looks,after all Michael liked Mia long before she became a princess and had curly hair (that was actually quite cute XD)!
Anyway,just embrace yourself and live life to the full!

PUCK YOU MISS Jonah You Rock My Worldgum.gif

You'd be quite surprised how easy it can be to change your appearance. I've watched the last two seasons of Beauty and the Geek and every season they do a geek make-over show and all they do, really, is give them a new haircut, new cloths and a shave.

Maybe not in the way that this movie portrays, but transformation definitely does happen.

From 16 to 17 I made up my mind to lose weight (I had always battled with it) and lost about 40 pounds. As a result I started dating, and gained a great deal of confidence. I never realized that I was a "hot" until people started noticing.

Also I was just emotionally ready to gain that confidence.

Then I met my now husband. He was a 19 year old college nerd (now an electrical engineer). He had never had a girlfriend - never even kissed a girl. He was by no means ugly, just shy. It took me to "bring out the best". I gave him confidence because I was a "hot" girl who showed interest in the nerd.

And now we've been married for 4 years and have a 3 month old baby boy :-) Happy ending!

Yours in Christ,
~Molly~

I don't agree at all with your statement that she "looked so different" afterwards. To my eyes she looked like the same pretty girl with a different hairstyle. I actually found her less attractive because she was now totally conventional in her looks, where before she'd been a bit unusual. Makeovers nearly always have this effect on me.

you can go geek to chic if you have alot of money

Yes. If you don't have that natural beauty and allure way, way deep down, there's always plastic surgery. :/

Arthur: Yeah, it was worth a shot.
<3

Of course it's possible. Half the time a person is just frumpy cuz they don't know how to put on makeup, do their eyebrows, dress appropriate for their body type, etc.

You see it everyday on TV, people getting makeovers and looking fabulous :)

Post deleted

Hollywood always takes a beautiful actress, gives her bad hair, glasses and dowdy clothes and, hey presto, we have a geek. Thankfully, she's naturally beautiful so it doesn't take a lot to transform her.

A more realistic transformation was to the main actress (can't remember her name) in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. She was very dowdy and then transformed with a makeover into someone more attractive but not amazing. My favourite transformation was Cher's character in Moonstruck; when she turns up to the opera she takes my breath away, never mind Nick Cages's!

i think you can if you weren't too ugly to begin with.

"The hardest thing in this world is to live in it."

They had to do a lot of work with her to get her to look and be princess like. The actress was merely made to look like a geek. In the movie, it seems like a a very quick and easy transformation but you're supposed to get the sense that they took a much longer time and more work to get her transformation. In real life, they might have you workout and lift weights to bulk up some and then work on whatever else you'd need to transform to be a prince.

This was posted in 2007. I hope the OP has become more confident by now.

I think it depends on the person. Some people can look better, others can't. I am a very ugly woman, and I've had so many makeovers that I've lost track. I still look ugly no matter what I do. My hair and eyebrows once looked close to how Mia's looked before her makeover. My sister changed it for me, and it did nothing. I looked different but still ugly. Mia always had natural beauty though.

I love the the OP is 7 years old. Nowadays Geek is chic.

I went from geeky, glasses-wearing, bushy haired girl to slender, hour-glass shaped, thick haired, bedroom-eyed babeafter puberty and a few more years tacked on. I've never been so hot in my entire life.

Yea I'm sure you can, sometimes the little things like messy hair, wearing glasses and wearing certain clothes can make you look like a geek or whatever but if you take the glasses off and fix yourself up more then that person can look really good after!

You Can Totally Sit with Me