Books : 11.22.63 by Stephen King

11.22.63 by Stephen King

a lot of people on goodreads say that this is one of king's best books. is this the truth? they talk like it is his masterpiece.

Why hang on to antiquated notions like "the soil is like my mother?" - Man

Re: 11.22.63 by Stephen King

I've read it twice with another re-read coming up soon. If you like time-travel stories , combined with King's masterfully vivid characters, along with a compelling story, this is one you shouldn't miss.

No trees killed in the sending of this message, but many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

The TV adaptation was pretty average.

You're my wife now.

The TV adaptation was sh!t! I have no interest in seeing it again.

No trees killed in the sending of this message, but many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

It's excellent.

who's scruffy lookin?

It's fantastic.

--
Listen to them—the children of the night. What music they make!

That one and The Stand are my two favorites. I also have enjoyed the trilogy with Det. Bill Hodges.

~*~*~ ~*~*~

The Stand is my absolute favorite book. Ever. The Bill Hodges trilogy was great. But I just couldn't like 11.22.63. I don't know why. Maybe I need to re-read it.

Not everything has to mean something. Some things just are. Charles de Lint

It was too long—as usual—and King never delved into the alien world that the protagonist was in as much as he could or even should have.

We try but we didn't have long
We try but we don't belong...

-Hot Chip (Boy from School)

King is usually not big on research (one of his fictional novelists wants "just enough" to get by, and King had admitted this is him. Usually. This time you really feel the research got DONE and done well, and for me, this is arguably his masterpiece. Yes, even compared with The Stand, which I always felt would end up being the ONE. I would definitely give it a try.

While I did enjoy it, I felt overall it was kind of a historical romance. It wasn't typical Stephen King, while it had aspects of King, it wasn't his typical horror.

I enjoyed it, and I do own a copy, but in my opinion he has better novels. I tend to lean towards his early horror - Misery, Carrie, The Shining, It...

I enjoyed this book very much. It was extremely long though, as many of his books are.

CS Lewis also died that day.

Joe Perry of Aerosmith is a Brony

I went in wanting to dislike it, as I felt the Kennedy angle had been done to death, but I was pleasantly surprised and ended up enjoying it immensely. The show was not as good, but an enjoyable watch.

Shameless plug (signature): http://www.blurb.com/b/7648359-phantasmagoria