Books : Post deleted

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: I think I know why people don't finish writing a book.

I can't agree, not even partially. A completed novel takes both character development and plot. Some writers come up with one first,
some the other.

IMO, most novels that aren't completed had a concept or situation but no detailed plan to move the character through it, both plot and character evolving as it progresses.

I'm a big advocate of first-time novelists planning in detail before they write.

SPEED
Don't mistake my silence for weakness. Nobody plans murders out loud.

Post deleted

I can't agree, not even partially. A completed novel takes both character development and plot. Some writers come up with one first,
some the other.

IMO, most novels that aren't completed had a concept or situation but no detailed plan to move the character through it, both plot and character evolving as it progresses.

I'm a big advocate of first-time novelists planning in detail before they write.

SPEED
Don't mistake my silence for weakness. Nobody plans murders out loud.

i agree with the first two replies. i write from the heart and what interests me and hope the readers will like it. Many of my books have five star reviews so thankfully, i am doing something right.

Every writer does it his or her own way. There are no rules. What works for you may not work for the next person.

The easiest thing i have ever had to do was give my heart.

Post deleted

Personally, if you don't write for yourself with the creative intention to see how your initial story idea develops and changes, then I don't really see someone's writing career being anything but a constant struggle of willpower over words totaled and paged ( uphill)- writers primarily write because they have to, even knowing your work may still end up a failure.

If you become fixated with the notion of a 'Crime Fighting Dog' and you truly want to realize it's outcome, then those three words are enough to finish but even if you have an intricate plot all worked out like a swiss time piece and nothing spiritually invested in bringing it to life and change then why do you bother?

There are plenty of books in this world- we are not crying out for one more but you should.

Post deleted

Yes it's best when you write as if you were saying it yourself and it's fun.

All of my books with the exception of the series are totally different. No character is alike and no story is alike and i pride myself on that.

My books are about ordinary people with problems and vices just like the rest of us. Life isn't perfect and neither are they.

Perfection may be OK for a little while, but to me it gets boring real fast.

i may not be the best writer in the world, but i can honestly say if you read 12 of my books you will find that they are all different and you couldn't say "Oh that's a Susan Black book because that's how she writes."

The easiest thing i have ever had to do was give my heart.